Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
So I have been searching online for a few days and the only thing I can find is people shooting low and to the left (hello grip) anyways, the wife and I were shooting her PPS and we found that we were not hitting crap. We were hitting very bottom of the target (10 yards - 5in drop on target). So just to see I had the person next to us shoot it with the same result.

Does anyone have any advise? or do I just need to shoot 5 inches high every time I shoot this weapon.

Thanks,
Curtis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Read section 6 in your owner's manual for some explanation. You need a shorter front sight which the manual says are available from Walther but I haven't been able to find them on line. They do have a contact phone and email in the manual.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
What sight picture are you using?

The PPS M2 parts list only list 'one' front sight, and it's a #4. AND, it looks pretty short to me....don't think you're going to have a lot of luck finding a shorter front sight.

You may have to learn to aim like Hickok45.

The PPS M1 list 3 sights...

1.2 - 267 99 06 - #3 Front Sight, white dot O (this is the 'standard'used on the M1)
1.2 - 267 43 86 - #4 Front Sight, white dot O (this is the 'standard' used on the M2)
1.2 - 267 99 49 - #5 Front Sight, white dot O

So, maybe you could try a #3.

Or, if you want steel, or 'night sights' you could try a P99 front sight.

1.2 2674394 Stahlkorn #4, 3,8mm, NS grün Steel front sight #4, 3.8mm, NS green F1
1.2 2697971 Stahlkorn #3, 3,5mm, PS Steel front sight #3, 3.5mm, PS O
1.2 2697963 Stahlkorn #4, 3,8mm, PS Steel front sight #4, 3.8mm, PS O
1.2 2697980 Stahlkorn #5, 4,1mm, PS Steel front sight #5, 4.1mm, PS O

Your best bet is to call Walther and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not mention in my reply that I have the same gun. The sights on mine were pretty close for me but on the second trip to the range the rear sight spit out its glow in the dark insert. It's still in the grass somewhere and I bought some aftermarket tritium sights and they shoot 3-4" low at 10 yards.

You could try a heavier bullet as some claim they hit higher on the target in a handgun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I did anything it would be to go to Walmart and buy some glow in the dark nail polish and just put a drop in the hole. That's all it appears to be.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Shooting low can also be a result of breaking wrist down just before pulling trigger in anticipation of recoil. Changing sight picture will help but I doubt it will account for shooting 5 inches low at ten yards. I suggest some dry fire practice also to work on trigger control. A dummy round in magazine at the range will make it very apparent if one is breaking wrist down just before trigger break.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PPS M2 Shooting Low

"So I have been searching online for a few days and the only thing I can find is people shooting low and to the left (hello grip) anyways, the wife and I were shooting her PPS and we found that we were not hitting crap. We were hitting very bottom of the target (10 yards - 5in drop on target). So just to see I had the person next to us shoot it with the same result."

Are you using aluminum cased ammo, by any chance? Below is my experience:

I have the exact same LE version and was out trying different ammo one day. The gun ate everything right up except some Tula aluminum cased ball. It was shooting low and left every time. Sometimes it was VERY low and off the paper. Confused, I used some Federal brass and it shot fine - 100% A zone at 10-20 yards. Went back to the aluminum - low shots. Tried my carry round, Federal HST micro and was right on target. Switched to the Tula an it shot low again.

Can't tell you why this happened or, really, if it was due to the case being aluminum, but I am absolutely certain it was the ammo. I've never shot Tula aluminum again and never had that problem again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright folks, well went out for a few minutes today and shot half a box out of the PPS. And guess what when I used sight picture #3 I was alot closer to the center. Now I just want to play more to get more accustom to it.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your guidance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, I can honestly say I have never ran aluminum or steel through any of my weapons. I try to stick with brass since I can turn the cases in for $ since I dont reload, I might as well get something for it.

It truly is funny how different ammunition will hit in different places on a target. This is why we should always practice with our carry rounds too. This ensures that we know where its hitting. ;)

Are you using aluminum cased ammo, by any chance? Below is my experience:

I have the exact same LE version and was out trying different ammo one day. The gun ate everything right up except some Tula aluminum cased ball. It was shooting low and left every time. Sometimes it was VERY low and off the paper. Confused, I used some Federal brass and it shot fine - 100% A zone at 10-20 yards. Went back to the aluminum - low shots. Tried my carry round, Federal HST micro and was right on target. Switched to the Tula an it shot low again.

Can't tell you why this happened or, really, if it was due to the case being aluminum, but I am absolutely certain it was the ammo. I've never shot Tula aluminum again and never had that problem again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
LOL, I can honestly say I have never ran aluminum or steel through any of my weapons. I try to stick with brass since I can turn the cases in for $ since I dont reload, I might as well get something for it.

It truly is funny how different ammunition will hit in different places on a target. This is why we should always practice with our carry rounds too. This ensures that we know where its hitting. ;)
I think it was because it was Tula ammo, not because it was aluminum case. I've shot a lot a case or so of Federal Champion aluminum, and never had an issue. Tula is not quality ammo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts