Walther Forums banner

PPS M2 is a shooter...

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  CA SURVIVOR 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum, but not to firearms. My daughter purchased a Walther PPS M2 9mm. I loved the way it felt in my hands and loved the way it shot. So, like any responsible Dad, I supported my daughter by retiring my old faithful, beloved Colt Mustang Plus 2. It has been my conceal carry for 26 years. I bought 2 new PPS M2 9's. They are shooters.. I only plan to add Tru glo tritium pro glow in the dark sights. I shoot 124grain almost exclusively.. I know that there are possibly better weights, but to me it is about shot placement. Here is second 8 round mag.. 7 yards

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, I have shot the same Beretta 92 since the late 80's. This year, it has been the best time for me to replace a few things. The Beretta was replace with a SW MP M2.0. It shoots great very accurate for me. as you know the Mustang was replace with the PPS. I am very happy overall. I do want to purchase one more pistol, I know it will be SW, what would you get.....

#13 ·
I also recently purchased a PPS M2 and find it to be an extremely accurate gun. I shoot FM 124gr HP on the range. I found the Black Hills 115gr TAC +P to be the most accurate defense round out to the 7-10yrd range. I really like the feel of the gun when gripping and for a small gun I found it to be a natural pointer. I carry the 7rnd magazine in the gun and the 8 rnd as the extra magazine.

#14 · (Edited)
I agree… it is a natural Pointer.. It feels really good and my hands. And I'm not a small guy, 6' 3 big hands.. I will definitely try the black hills ammo. The defensive rounds that I shoot the most are Sig Sauer elite 124 grain or hornet I 124 grain xtp.... I really like the holster that you have. Currently I'm using a tulster... I also carry with the 7 round in the pistol and 8 rounds as a backup

#16 ·
Congrats on your PPS. I remain amazed that the PPS models didn't knock the ball out of the park when they were first released. Maybe S&W weren't motivated enough to market them? Anyway, I purchased a PPS when they first came out in the M1 Version and later purchased a 2nd one in the same version. The PPS models (both versions) are in my experience excellent shooters and quite easily concealable given the slim profile and single stack mags. My usual carry unit is a Sig P938 due to its diminutive size but it's quite a snappy little gun. Some days, when deep concealment is not a consideration, I'd rather be carrying the PPS just because it handles recoil so much better than the P938. My favorite is my Sig P226 Enhanced Elite, but I just can't seem to make it disappear entirely in summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.