Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, but not to firearms. My daughter purchased a Walther PPS M2 9mm. I loved the way it felt in my hands and loved the way it shot. So, like any responsible Dad, I supported my daughter by retiring my old faithful, beloved Colt Mustang Plus 2. It has been my conceal carry for 26 years. I bought 2 new PPS M2 9's. They are shooters.. I only plan to add Tru glo tritium pro glow in the dark sights. I shoot 124grain almost exclusively.. I know that there are possibly better weights, but to me it is about shot placement. Here is second 8 round mag.. 7 yards

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I love my PPS M2. It's a very accurate shooter and flat shooting one at that. It has never given me any problems. Glad to hear yours works great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love my PPS M2. It's a very accurate shooter and flat shooting one at that. It has never given me any problems. Glad to hear yours works great.
Thanks, I have shot the same Beretta 92 since the late 80's. This year, it has been the best time for me to replace a few things. The Beretta was replace with a SW MP M2.0. It shoots great very accurate for me. as you know the Mustang was replace with the PPS. I am very happy overall. I do want to purchase one more pistol, I know it will be SW, what would you get.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, I have shot the same Beretta 92 since the late 80's. This year, it has been the best time for me to replace a few things. The Beretta was replace with a SW MP M2.0. It shoots great very accurate for me. as you know the Mustang was replace with the PPS. I am very happy overall. I do want to purchase one more pistol, I know it will be SW, what would you get.....
I have a Smith and Wesson Shield in addition to my PPS M2, but my most recent acquisition and a very, very good firearm is my Springfield XDe. You really should look into one of those.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I've never shot the MP 2.0, but have heard nothing but great things about it. The grip looks well textured. I might have to get one in the future. I don't know as much about SW. I got my wife a 380 EZ and she loves it. I really enjoy my P99c and PPQ M1. Both are reliable, accurate, dependable shooters; just like my PPS M2. You ever shoot a PPQ? I've also had a Springfield XDs. That's a great single stack, although I prefer the PPS M2 since it feels a little better in the hand. Too many good guns to chose from nowadays.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I have a Smith and Wesson Shield in addition to my PPS M2, but my most recent acquisition and a very, very good firearm is my Springfield XDe. You really should look into one of those.
I've been interested in the XDe. Do you prefer it over the PPS M2 and Shield?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
What is your take on that XDE? How does it shoot?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never shot the MP 2.0, but have heard nothing but great things about it. The grip looks well textured. I might have to get one in the future. I don't know as much about SW. I got my wife a 380 EZ and she loves it. I really enjoy my P99c and PPQ M1. Both are reliable, accurate, dependable shooters; just like my PPS M2. You ever shoot a PPQ? I've also had a Springfield XDs. That's a great single stack, although I prefer the PPS M2 since it feels a little better in the hand. Too many good guns to chose from nowadays.
I have shot the 380EZ quite a bit, friend has one.. definitely like it.. I started to get the 9mm EZ, it just doesn't have enough history for me. I have held a P99 and a PPQ but have never shot them. Springfield just is'nt my gun, cant tell you why, just does'nt.do it for me. I do have a full size HK USP 40 that I like, if you haven't shot them, you really should. As you can tell most of my stuff has been full size, except a couple of pistols.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is your take on that XDE? How does it shoot?
It shoots very well. Love the da/sa trigger. It has a fiber optic front sight, and I put a Viridian Laser on it. It is accurate, dependable, and fun to shoot. Never a problem with any ammunition. Plus, with the extended mag, it is 9 + 1.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
It shoots very well. Love the da/sa trigger. It has a fiber optic front sight, and I put a Viridian Laser on it. It is accurate, dependable, and fun to shoot. Never a problem with any ammunition. Plus, with the extended mag, it is 9 + 1.
Thanks for the response. It's good to hear it's completely reliable.

There are not too many options in new DA/SA carry guns these days.

Maybe Walther will come out with a single stack version of the P99AS...we can always dream...

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I am new to this forum, but not to firearms. My daughter purchased a Walther PPS M2 9mm. I loved the way it felt in my hands and loved the way it shot. So, like any responsible Dad, I supported my daughter by retiring my old faithful, beloved Colt Mustang Plus 2. It has been my conceal carry for 26 years. I bought 2 new PPS M2 9's. They are shooters.. I only plan to add Tru glo tritium pro glow in the dark sights. I shoot 124grain almost exclusively.. I know that there are possibly better weights, but to me it is about shot placement. Here is second 8 round mag.. 7 yards

View attachment 93328
I also recently purchased a PPS M2 and find it to be an extremely accurate gun. I shoot FM 124gr HP on the range. I found the Black Hills 115gr TAC +P to be the most accurate defense round out to the 7-10yrd range. I really like the feel of the gun when gripping and for a small gun I found it to be a natural pointer. I carry the 7rnd magazine in the gun and the 8 rnd as the extra magazine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I also recently purchased a PPS M2 and find it to be an extremely accurate gun. I shoot FM 124gr HP on the range. I found the Black Hills 115gr TAC +P to be the most accurate defense round out to the 7-10yrd range. I really like the feel of the gun when gripping and for a small gun I found it to be a natural pointer. I carry the 7rnd magazine in the gun and the 8 rnd as the extra magazine.
I agree… it is a natural Pointer.. It feels really good and my hands. And I'm not a small guy, 6' 3 big hands.. I will definitely try the black hills ammo. The defensive rounds that I shoot the most are Sig Sauer elite 124 grain or hornet I 124 grain xtp.... I really like the holster that you have. Currently I'm using a tulster... I also carry with the 7 round in the pistol and 8 rounds as a backup

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I agree… it is a natural Pointer.. It feels really good and my hands. And I'm not a small guy, 6' 3 big hands.. I will definitely try the black hills ammo. The defensive rounds that I shoot the most are Sig Sauer elite 124 grain or hornet I 124 grain FXT.... I really like the holster that you have. Currently I'm using a tulster... I also carry with the 7 round in the pistol and 8 rounds as a backup
That is a VersaCarry Commander, very comfortable. I use MTR and Crossbreed for my IWB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on your PPS. I remain amazed that the PPS models didn't knock the ball out of the park when they were first released. Maybe S&W weren't motivated enough to market them? Anyway, I purchased a PPS when they first came out in the M1 Version and later purchased a 2nd one in the same version. The PPS models (both versions) are in my experience excellent shooters and quite easily concealable given the slim profile and single stack mags. My usual carry unit is a Sig P938 due to its diminutive size but it's quite a snappy little gun. Some days, when deep concealment is not a consideration, I'd rather be carrying the PPS just because it handles recoil so much better than the P938. My favorite is my Sig P226 Enhanced Elite, but I just can't seem to make it disappear entirely in summer.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I really love my XD-E, and everything you've read about it is spot on. Good trigger! Good sights, and you can add a red or green Veridian laser if you wish. Good magazines! Good price! Good reliability! Multiple carry modes: SA with thumb safety on/off, decocker to put it into DA mode with safety on or off. Basically this pistol does everything well.

I really wish Walther would give us a similar product.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Congrats on your PPS. I remain amazed that the PPS models didn't knock the ball out of the park when they were first released. Maybe S&W weren't motivated enough to market them? Anyway, I purchased a PPS when they first came out in the M1 Version and later purchased a 2nd one in the same version. The PPS models (both versions) are in my experience excellent shooters and quite easily concealable given the slim profile and single stack mags. My usual carry unit is a Sig P938 due to its diminutive size but it's quite a snappy little gun. Some days, when deep concealment is not a consideration, I'd rather be carrying the PPS just because it handles recoil so much better than the P938. My favorite is my Sig P226 Enhanced Elite, but I just can't seem to make it disappear entirely in summer.
Yep. Walther was ahead of the curve with the PPS M1.

I don't know if it was the teutonic styling, price or lack of effective marketing but it seems like it didn't sell nearly as well as it should have.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been interested in the XDe. Do you prefer it over the PPS M2 and Shield?
I'm not the OP but I had a XDe in 9mm, while the gun was accurate and functioned perfect like any SA, I found the DA trigger reach too far forward for me, medium size hands, and I was carrying it C&L, and for that I have 1911s, traded for a Sig 365 MS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts