Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and I apologize if this has been discussed before, I did check but I couldn't find this topic for the M2 in the pages. If it has been discussed could someone point me to that discussion? Thanks.

Anyway, I am having an issue with my PPS M2 using an 8 round magazine. Every so often I get a round that won't feed properly. Manually pulling back the slide and releasing it solves the feed issue for that round.

I use Winchester Ranger SXT 9mm 147 grain Hollow points for my every day carry ammo.

My range ammo and sometimes cary ammo is Speer LAWMAN 9mm 147 grain FMJ.

The ammo is new and in good condition --straight from the factory. I am kind of at a loss as to why this is happening. I love this gun and don't want to switch to another EDC so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced and know it is appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just trying to diagnose...first round, last round, varies? Ever happen with 6, 7 or other 8 round mags?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the video I watched it and found that very interesting. To answer the other question about which round it happens in its usually in the middle of the magazine. I was talk to a friend very knowledgeable about firearms today and she told me that it very well might be because the gun is so new. Her suggestion was to store the magazines loaded to loosen the springs. I am going to try that first and then if that doesn't work try the video solution with one magazine before I try it on all of them.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Her suggestion was to store the magazines loaded to loosen the springs. I am going to try that first and then if that doesn't work try the video solution with one magazine before I try it on all of them.

Amen. That is a realistic likely cause and cure. I read that years ago, and ever since I have kept new magazines loaded for a few weeks to get the spring tension into tolerance. Never had a magazine issue since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just brought home my first gun, a PPS M2 LE, and I immediately noticed how tight the magazines are (I have been practicing loading and racking with inert bullets). I also had the idea of leaving each of the magazines loaded for some time to loosen the springs, and am glad that others have found this to be a useful trick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had something similar happen to mine as well. I've noticed it with the 6 and 7 round magazines as well though. But when I rack in a snap cap it almost is like something gets wedged and the slide is not released completely to be fired. You can still see part of the barrel/guide rod sticking out. Re-racking with a little more force usually helps but the issue only occurs if i'm being a little soft with the slide.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m finding the inert bullets also getting stuck in front of the chamber. Glad you pointed out about racking ‘weakly’, as I am probably not being forceful enough (I have relatively weak grip and notice that I can rack far better while wearing mechanics gloves on my non-firing hand).

I plan on leaving the gun racked (with no bullets) while I am not using it for the next few weeks in order to break in the spring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m finding the inert bullets also getting stuck in front of the chamber. Glad you pointed out about racking ‘weakly’, as I am probably not being forceful enough (I have relatively weak grip and notice that I can rack far better while wearing mechanics gloves on my non-firing hand).

I plan on leaving the gun racked (with no bullets) while I am not using it for the next few weeks in order to break in the spring.
I haven't left my magazines loaded yet. I need too though since my M2 is a carry/home defense pistol. The springs can be pretty stiff at first! I will say that using the slide release is most effective as far as feeding... granted you've got to rack the slide to start the firing process. When I first got my M2, I liked to take the magazine out and make sure chamber was empty. I sat there and lubed the rails and then just went to town with it.... racking that is. The slide catch wont activate if the magazine is out. Do this enough and your guide rod will loosen up a little making racking a little easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good advice, thank you

I went to the range today and put about 60 rounds through it. The first few were very difficult and a few bullets got stuck, Mostly because I wasn’t aggressive and fast enough when racking, after a little while and got much better.

When I got home, I “went to town“ regarding the racking. Hopefully this will make the firing process better during the next trip to the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts