Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Great deal. It makes me hate I paid over $400 for mine. It's amazing how the prices drop, especially for forty now. The M&P M2.0 compact forty is probably the best deal out there with it going for $300. And I paid $425 for mine when it came out. If I only knew but I had to have them both when they came out.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
The recall doesn’t cost the consumer, right? I thought walther was covering the cost of shipping both ways.
True, but this retailer might have a bunch in stock that may or may not be involved in the recall. Rather than sort through them to find the ones that need repaired, then ship them all back to Walther, keep track of when they will be returned and that all do get returned, then inspect them to make sure all is well after the recall, the retailer may be dumping them instead. Most retailers would not want to do this. A reputable retailer wouldn't do this, and I am NOT saying this retailer IS doing this, but it is something to consider at this price point.

As for me, if I'm shelling out good money for a "new" gun, I do not expect that the first thing I may have to do is send it in for a known recall. Just sayin'. Caveat Emptor

Pudge

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't had a PPS M2 for almost 2 years (traded it for a G43 due to the barrel peening), but for $273.95 shipped from Gun Pro Deals I figured why not. should be here next week.

out of curiosity.. for those who picked up from PSA or GP Deals, are they outside of the warranty numbers? or are we get ones that need warranty out of the box?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can't answer where the current for sale serial numbers fall but check inside the grip for the recall completed mark if it falls in the recall range.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
At that price I would expect the RMSC model to drop below $600, not sure why its that high anyhow between the 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been wondering if they were recalled serial numbers as well. I bought a used one that needed the recall and I was thinking of picking one of these up and carrying it while the other one is being worked on and then selling it since they're saying the lead time is about 6-8 weeks right now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seems like a pretty affordable deal. If I apply the discount to their so called "LE" edition, it comes out to $319. I think that's only $10 more than I paid for that variation.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.