Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local pawn shop has a 9mm PPS M1 (with paddles) in OD green. Is the green PPS considered rare or especially desirable, beyond folks who just like green? A bit of searching didn't really turn up much information about how many were available. Not sure I'm interested in buying it, I'm just curious.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Is the green PPS considered rare or especially desirable, beyond folks who just like green? A bit of searching didn't really turn up much information about how many were available. Not sure I'm interested in buying it, I'm just curious.
Factory-coloured PPS's are not common. That saidm they aren't considered especially desirable. Some folks will pay a little more for them just because of the colour, of course, but that's about the size of it in terms of value -- meaning sellers can ask a little more and likely get it as long as it's a reasonable amount and the buyer is interested in paying it.

As for numbers produced, many in this community would love to have that insight just for their own edification. I don't know that anyone here has that data.

By the way, here's a 4 year old post on the same topic. :)

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum...n-military-9-mm-40-s-w-german.html#post384524

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Which I am sure you provided solely for humorous effect, right? Because just about everything wall o'text guy was writing is gibbering nonsense. :eek:
Actually, I provided it primarily for the purpose of showing that the coloured PPS's are worth slightly more to some buyers. (Specifically post #10 by Thunderbirdsport302 … which is why my link should take you to his post.)

And yea, wall-of-text-guy's post was, umm, TLDR. (That's the nicest thing I can think to say about it!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts