Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had a little mishap and ended up in some mud w/ my holstered pps M1.

In doing so, I got mud in the back of the slide in the striker indicator. Now when I pull the trigger, there's noticeable grit.

I've tried to find instructions for a full slide disassembly beyond a field strip and have come up blank.

Any instructions on how to fully disassemble the slide?

Thanks

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
This video, while the guy is wrong in calling it a firing pin, is exactly what you'll need to do.

Also, there's no need to remove the backstrap. Just drop the mag, clear the chamber, and squeeze the trigger AFTER you've checked to make sure it's unloaded.

Easy as 1,2 3..

And make sure when you slide the cap down and away to hold a finger or thumb so the striker doesn't pop out.

I have a nice little blemish on my PC monitor from one, not so very long ago.. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This video, while the guy is wrong in calling it a firing pin, is exactly what you'll need to do.

Also, there's no need to remove the backstrap. Just drop the mag, clear the chamber, and squeeze the trigger AFTER you've checked to make sure it's unloaded.

Easy as 1,2 3..

And make sure when you slide the cap down and away to hold a finger or thumb so the striker doesn't pop out.

I have a nice little blemish on my PC monitor from one, not so very long ago.. :mad:
Wow, that looks pretty darn simple. Thanks so much for the reply!

Also, I'll keep that firing pin in check! I'm sorry to laugh but that gave me a good chuckle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took mine out and "polished" it, made my trigger feel a bit smoother. Especially compared to my brother's, which is factory.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you need to remove the extractor , this vid ( of a PPQ) shows how. At least it is how the M2 is done .
I lost the extractor retainer & spring but was able to find it with a magnet on the rug.
I did have it in a zip lock with the springy thingy aimed at mouth of bag when it popped.
Its the part on the right. I lost the detent on the left as well ( from a Ruger) . Was not having a good day :) .

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts