Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I am probably getting new PPS as my first exercise of my rights, and wanted to know if the factory case tha I com n is lockable (and if so what type and size lock would ft.

This is merely to be in compliance with Maryland law requiring a gun to be in a locked case when transporting in a vehicle without a trunk.

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The case for the PPS M2 has a hole about 1/4 inch on each side by the slides for small padlocks. Unless something changing recently in MD, you don't need a locked case to transport a handgun. The gun should be unloaded, cased or in holster with a flap in the trunk or out of reach of driver with ammo stored separately away from the gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, you prompted me to look more closely and I found this

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=48942&page=14

The case for the PPS M2 has a hole about 1/4 inch on each side by the slides for small padlocks. Unless something changing recently in MD, you don't need a locked case to transport a handgun. The gun should be unloaded, cased or in holster with a flap in the trunk or out of reach of driver with ammo stored separately away from the gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I just happened to have my PPS in front on me and here is a pic of the locking portion of the case.

Retainers slide side to side to open case. When closed, lock holes on both sides are accessible

·
Registered
136 Posts
An old comment about NJ and its case lock law was go to the dollar store and get the cheapest lock you can that fits. There is nothing in NJ's law about lock quality. Probably MD's too.

-- Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts