Walther Forums banner

281 - 300 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Salty,

I have yet to add any loctite to my Vedder clip screws and it hasn't moved in the weeks since I've had it. To me, it's the best clip in the holster business. At least better than any I've come across.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a Clinger, but have been eyeing the Vedder. Those with a Vedder, do you find it holds the position of the clip cant angle once set? Do you find you adjust it from time to time, or once you find your preferred cant, you just leave it?

Salty
I actually am toying with the notion of leaving the screws a little loose. The rubber washer seems to keep it in place. Just loose enough for me to adjust the cant while wearing. When I move from seated, to walking, to driving I can simply grab on the grip of the gun and slightly adjust the position. There is resistance to move, but it moves. Not flopping around by any means.

It is nice to be able to change the position ever so slightly that the PPS M2 is making contact. I'm still trying it out. I don't move it much each day and don't expect the screws to come loose, bit it is one more thing to think about. I really like this holster. It is a Vedder LiteTuck IWB. I really like my Clinger Stingray holsters as well.

Comparing the two, the Vedder metal clip is much harder to remove from my belt when compared to the Clinger. Some may see this as a good thing, but I had no issue with the clip on the Clinger Stingray. What I really like is the ability to safely remove the gun, while holstered, from my belt with only one hand. Very convenient going in and out of the safe and for when I need to attend a "meeting" in the royal throne. The Vedder still affords the opportunity to be removed one-handed, but I have actually dropped it once due to the metal clip and it's strength as well as the reduced area to pry it up. Just different and I needed to get familiar.

The molded kydex is excellent on both. Retention is great on both. Very little drag inside the holster until the trigger guard "snaps" into place. Very comforting sound when holstering.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use to use a Cross Breed IWB, but hated the clips, my holster would shift and I was always having to readjust it, the holster was fine just the clips that didn't work well for me, and for metal clips that are a standard for a lot of holster makers I found them wanting also, I'm a holster maker myself, so I can appreciate quality and great hardware, after trying a number of kydex brands, I find the Clinger Stringray to be the one holster I can depend on, I carry appendix style and wear my holster at a no cant position, this company does a great job of finishing off their kydex material which some makers do not, ( rough edges ) Clinger uses a heavy duty none metal clip, that stays put on my 511 canvas gun belt 1 1/2", the no cant allows me to wear my gun in an appendix, strong side or cross draw, which an FBI cant will not , every holster Clinger has made for me has been a perfect fit for the gun it was intended for, it snaps in , but can be drawn with ease as well as returning to the holster, the bottom line here is the gun needs to fit perfectly and snug, and stay put on your belt IWB /pants, if not you will not wear your gun as intended, it needs to be totally natural and comfortable, I make leather only holsters and use to frown on kydex, but have changed my mind on them especially with IWB holsters, they just work....IMHO...

·
Registered
4 Posts
While there are several of you who have but one suggestion, I am shocked by those with a "list". Stop filling that old holster collection drawer, and check out Alien Gear's selections. Well priced, versatile, free shell trade-in's for life, and I wouldn't recommend ANY other holster choice this high. PERIOD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
goodguy,

Been there done that, sent it back, got my refund, and moved on.
@Warrior:
moved on to...?
I realize different body types need different setups or positions, but AG customer has been second to none, and I own:
1 RH IWB,
2 LH IWB (I'm a southpaw),
2 LH OWB (for training only, as NY doesn't allow Open Carry),
and 2 mounts for my car and my truck, ALL Alien Gear.

I have shells in both LH and RH for each:
Sig Sauer 1911A1-45
S.A. 1911A1-45 SS Loaded
Ruger SR45
Walther PK380
Walther PPS M1 9MM (BF)

It works, and works well for me so I have no problem promoting them. I had issues with the Sig and its shell not keeping it snug in the holster. AG sent me 2 alternate shells; NO CHARGE, to get my firearm fitting well in the holster.

I'm wide open to improve upon my setup, so please share what you went with...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
@Warrior:
moved on to...?
I had a 2.0 that may have been a fluke in their production line but the threading holding the holster together began unraveling within three weeks. Also, I didn't like the way my hand knocked on the holster on the draw. But it was the threading that made me return it because none of my other holsters have done that. They did live up to their guarantee and refunded me promptly. I'm still glad they are a forum sponsor and many people obviously love them.

I moved on to another StealthGear Onyx to replace that one and it's been great. I already had one before I tried AG and it never came close to it in comparison. But at least I gave them a try.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Vedder LightTuck

My Chocolate Brown Vedder LightTuck arrived today for my PPS M2 and it's really nice of course. That's why I now have three of their holsters. The steel clip is outstanding and the fit and finish are great too!

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
The new Black Arch TUCKABLE SINGLE-POINT CLIP for my PPS M2.
More stable than the previous clip.

The Protos-M boxed set or individual holster is pretty sweet.

However..I'll probably be going OWB for when I'm wearing a vest
and parka.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use an Alien Gear made for the PPS M2. Perfect fit!, Draws light lightening and the best warrenty of anyone. If ANYTHING faikls you get new pards or holster for LIFE!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who here has a Raven Concealment holster for their PPS M1? I emailed them asking about one because I really like the one I have for my PPQ and they responded with they don't offer one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
+2 for alien gear

I use both the cloak mod owb with dock bracket mounted in my jeep, and the cloak tuck 3.0 for iwb.

I had also used a TW Holsters dual hybrid iwb/owb. This was nice for a leather style iwb, with the added bonus of the belt cutouts for owb configuration.

I prefer the neoprene backing and overall setup with alien gear though. Just incredibly comfortable. Lifetime warranty and shell swap seals the deal.

CFH

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been carrying my PPS M2 9mm, always with the 8 round magazine (feels awesome in the hand that way), since the pistol first became available where I live (Detroit suburbs). It's a great EDC, it's quite accurate for a light short barrel single stack 9 and I've, never had any trouble with any ammo at all running through it. I carry it IWB with a Vedder Holster "Rapid Tuck"that just seems to disappear on me, a hybrid Kydex/horsehide holster - RapidTuck IWB Hybrid by Vedder Holsters - that I wear all day, every day, and most of the evening as well. I just forget that it's there; that's how nice it fits me, after about a week or so "break-in." After my experience, I ordered 3 OWB Kydex holsters from them - for my 5 inch PPQ, my PPQ 45 and for the PPS when I want to wear it just under a coat in the winter. I can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 for Aliengear. Just got a Cloaktuck 3.0 IWB and it is the most comfortable I've ever worn. I'm a big guy, 6'2" and 375lbs. I have a 56" waist and, as you can imagine, have a pretty large belly and love handles. This holster sits great at 3,4,or 5 O'clock. I highly recommend for bigger guys.

281 - 300 of 322 Posts