Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this page on the PPS. Best pictures I've seen yet. The First Edition doesn't look that bad in this photo. Anybody plan on getting it? S&W said it will be nearly $100. more. Not sure if it's worth it but it will be a nice collectors piece. They say it comes with all three mags rather than just two and comes in an aluminum case. I think I'll get the standard edition. S&W said all will be QA style with no AS options as of now.

Sorry, not sure how to make the link hot.

http://www.carl-walther.info/dev2/downloads/VISIER_110-113_Walther PPS.pdf

Are we suppose to post PPS info in the PP forum or here?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well until the gun comes out or a mod says otherwise, I guess it is okay to post here. I spoke with my gun dealer today, he called his SW/Walther rep...they said don't expect the gun here to sometime in Sept.

And US price has not yet been released.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with my gun dealer today, he called his SW/Walther rep...they said don't expect the gun here to sometime in Sept.:eek:

And US price has not yet been released.
No offense, but I hope he's wrong. I spoke to S&W today and they said they will ship in July. I don't know if I can wait until Sept. I won a $400. gift certificate to the Sportsmans Warehouse and I'm dying to use it. They said they'd order it for me whenever it becomes available.

·
Registered
923 Posts
As I don't see a QA style de-cocking button on the slide I would think that the PPS would be a double action only.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
No it is a partially precocked striker.....
there is no decocker but the "griplock" works like a decocker. Once the backstrap if off, it decocks the action of the PPS
I doubt one can remove the slide without taking off the backstrap first.....
also the PPS is wrongly named "police pistol" as it is to small to be issued to the German police per the German guidelines. So it might only be issued to special units or plainclothed officers if at all......

·
Registered
923 Posts
No it is a partially precocked striker.....
there is no decocker but the "griplock" works like a decocker. Once the backstrap if off, it decocks the action of the PPS
I doubt one can remove the slide without taking off the backstrap first....
Very clever. I can live with that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm for some reason it's heavier then the P99c if I am reading the flyer right.

19 oz vs the 18.5 oz of the P99c.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
FYI: www.sportingarms.com lists the PPS in 9mm or .40SW for about $520. A friend of mine has purchaced many handguns there and is very satisfied with them, but I haven't talked to them personally.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
that's right.....same shows on the German Walther site....
not much difference and both are with empty mag....(not sure if the measurements are without mag) so by the time it's loaded the PPS will be a about the same than the P99c......

P99c
Abmessung (L/H/B mm) 168/110/32
Gewicht (g) 530 ohne Magazin

PPS
Abmessung (L/H/B mm) 161 / 112 / 23
Gewicht (g) 550 ohne Magazin

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Just from looking at the photos I would say that the added weight comes from the floor plate extension on the mag...I wonder what the PPS weighs without a mag compared to a P99c without a mag...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The weight is without mag (Ohne Magazin)
That's why I said by the time they are loaded (6-8 rounds) the PPS will be about the same as the P99c (10 rounds)......
From what I understand the PPS in .40S&W also will be a bit wider than the PPS in 9mm, but not much.
I would guess there is a metal frame embedded (or partial frame) in the PPS grip for the griplock and partially precocked striker to funktion with the backstrap propperly. Wouldn't that make the weight more than the all polymer P99c frame ??????
But please don't repeat this or say it was me that told you this........ it is only a wild wild guess on my part

·
Registered
16 Posts
P99c
Abmessung (L/H/B mm) 168/110/32
Gewicht (g) 530 ohne Magazin

PPS
Abmessung (L/H/B mm) 161 / 112 / 23
Gewicht (g) 550 ohne Magazin
So in the end, the PPS is slightly shorter, slightly higher, and substantially slimmer than the P99C?

I am rather enamored of my new P99, but the C is just too short for my fingers. So the major difference is just the single-stack magazine?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Anyone clever enough to superimpose the two (accurately) in Photoshop? I may give it a stab.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The PPS and PPK/S are superimposed. We could use one with the P99C.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts