Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the inside track on when the PPS might be introduced in California? Lots of silly BS here to get a handgun on the "approved" list.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
The PPS will NOT be available to California residents, since it does not have an acceptable loaded chamber indicator. Evidently the indicator must be plainly visable from a distance of ten feet.

New handguns are also required to have a magazine disconnect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is a mag. disconect?
A magazine disconnecter safety. It prevents the gun from firing if the magazine is removed from the gun.

If I recall from my manual, it implies there is a version with a magazine disconnect safety. I'll double-check when I get a second.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a version with mag connect listed in the manual.

Loaded chamber indicator visible from 10 feet? Is there any gun that does that? Why?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I wish I could say why a distance of ten feet is important. The California law is not that specific, but the DOJ or the Labs doing the certification made the "ten foot" rule. BTW this information is from the Manager of the shop where I work, he heard it via reps at the SHOT show.

The PPS is evidently not the only small pistol that will not be imported into "The Golden State", there is a new .380 Ruger and a SIG that will not be making the journey.

I have been watching the PPS for about a year, although I was told it had been submitted to CA it has yet to make it on the "approved" list.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
The issue here isn't all of the hoops that California's illogical, idiotic, dictatorial officials require of both gun manufacturers and the good, gun-loving, taxpaying citizens of the state. The issue is why any good, gun-loving, taxpaying U.S. citizen would choose to live in such a place to begin with.

Then again, if things keep heading the way they are, the other 49 states could begin to look more and more like California does at present. And that is not at all a pleasant thought.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Then again, if things keep heading the way they are, the other 49 states could begin to look more and more like California does at present. And that is not at all a pleasant thought.
I still have one kid in school, and when that is over in 3 years will be out in a flash if things have not changed. I have no hope that they will.

What scares the heck out of me are Republicans like Schwartzeneggger and McCain (The Manchurian Candidate) who see the laws in California as models for the nation.

Once these schemes for "the greater good" and "children's safety" have cut down and all but eliminated the gun trade in California, rest assured they will be introduced and passed in as many other states as possible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm glad I'm out of the PRK. You don't realize what you're missing out until you're out, for example, besides the PPS, there's all STI's, HK45, HK45C, H&KP30, AR-15's, AK's, AR pistols, 50 cals list can go on and on. Sorry to rub into the California residents. I know how it feels and there's a small possibility I'll be moving back in July for work.

Can you see any loaded chamber indicator from 10 feet away? A lot of them rely on touch.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
This California "safety" certification is nothing more than a defacto ban. It is jurst the "short gun" version of the Assault Weapons Ban.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts