Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't find a decent grip for my PPS so I created a template. Posting in case any other owners wish to use it. The material is Tractiongrips Universal Grip Set (XL).

I simply printed out the template (which may look small depending on your monitor settings but is 1:1 when printed), glued it to the back of the grip sheet with spray adhesive, then cut it out with a blade.

I then heated the material with a hair dryer, peeled the backing strip off and positioned the material on the PPS.

It has added a very small amount of thickness to the gun making it feel right while still retaining the slim profile.

Cheers.

Edit: For those who can't print the image at 100%, here is the 100% PDF: http://27bslash6.com/files/100percent_walthergrip.pdf

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely have to try it. May I ask which method you used for your color fill? Nail polish, crayon, testors paint, etc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely have to try it. May I ask which method you used for your color fill? Nail polish, crayon, testors paint, etc?
Auto touch up paint. Alpine white. One of those paint pens for chips. I wouldn't think crayon would be a good idea as the gun gets hot there.

Also, a friend of mine used this template on his PPs but cut the part where the backstrap goes over the sides as he changes his backstrap often apparently.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Also, a friend of mine used this template on his PPs but cut the part where the backstrap goes over the sides as he changes his backstrap often apparently.
Some prefer to remove the backstrap as part of the disassembly procedure vice pulling the trigger (on an empty chamber, of course!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW! That looks totally custom!!

I'm ordering some and giving this a whirl. Was the Univeral single set XL enough material or did you use the 3 set XL??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too, am wondering about the amount of material needed to order from Traction Grips - single set? Single set extra large? 3 set value pack? 3 set value pack extra large ?!? Too many options!

How much material is needed exactly? Btw, awesome job making the template and posting it. I've been thinking about doing this to my PPS after seeing photoshooter's grips, but now you've just made it too easy for me NOT to do it. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
27bslash6
Nice job and the templet's are a great idea. I have done mine a little different to my taste but yours is very nice. The single packet XL is enough to do this in the manner described, however at this time I do not know how well it is going to last so I purchased the three packet of material.
Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just noticed that the pattern shown for the section that goes where the web of your hand contacts the pistol covers the rear split pin. Just a heads up for anyone who may want to disassemble their pistol to that point.
Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
I right clicked the template image and downloaded to my PC. I opened the .gif image in Photoshop and at 100% it doesn't appear to be to scale.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW! That looks totally custom!!

I'm ordering some and giving this a whirl. Was the Univeral single set XL enough material or did you use the 3 set XL??
Sorry mate, I was away for a week. I used the 3 set XL. I wanted some spare material in case I stuffed up applying it. I ended up using two sheets and used the third on the back of my iPhone (I hate cases but a bit of extra grip is good). Their idea of XL isn't very large.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.