Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with S&W. There are no extra front sights for the PPS. I thought that you could replace front sights, changing the height, if you needed an elevation alteration. But it isn't true. No other front sights for the PPS.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just got off the phone with S&W. There are no extra front sights for the PPS. I thought that you could replace front sights, changing the height, if you needed an elevation alteration. But it isn't true. No other front sights for the PPS.

The owners manual was very specific about how to change the sight and how much point of impact changed with the different sights. I'll try to scan that page and post.

Mine has number 4 on it and seemed to shoot a little low.

My guess is that they just haven't trained their tech support people and don't have spare production of sights to sell as lone parts. Part numbers havn't been pushed through to the system they use. That's just my guess, which apparently contradicts with what s+w told you.

Could you order a replacement for the number 4 sight, but not the others? If you can't order any sights, regardless of height, at this time that would support my theory above.

Hopefully their answer will change in the future.

Don

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owners manual was very specific about how to change the sight and how much point of impact changed with the different sights. I'll try to scan that page and post.

Mine has number 4 on it and seemed to shoot a little low.

My guess is that they just haven't trained their tech support people and don't have spare production of sights to sell as lone parts. Part numbers havn't been pushed through to the system they use. That's just my guess, which apparently contradicts with what s+w told you.

Could you order a replacement for the number 4 sight, but not the others? If you can't order any sights, regardless of height, at this time that would support my theory above.

Hopefully their answer will change in the future.

Don
I pointed out that the manula said that such front sights were available. That this is how you made elevations adjustments. And that this approach was used on the P22. They looked it up and said no. Translation glitch in the manual. Who knows.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Looking at the photo's so kindly supplied, it appeared to me that the PPS front sight was identical to the P99C front sight.

I don't have a PPS or a P99C, to tell for sure, but if the PPS front sight is detachable like the others maybe you can use the smaller front sights from the P99 or P99C on your PPS?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Looking at the photo's so kindly supplied, it appeared to me that the PPS front sight was identical to the P99C front sight.

I don't have a PPS or a P99C, to tell for sure, but if the PPS front sight is detachable like the others maybe you can use the smaller front sights from the P99 or P99C on your PPS?
That would make costs cheaper for them.

·
Registered
158 Posts

It's very different in person. Lower with a bigger dot. Uses a large headed screw to secure it instead of the little set screw wedging the plastic on the P99. I think it is metal too.

Don

·
Registered
158 Posts
manual page

The manual is very specific. Perhaps a decision has been made since this was written to not offer other sights, but my guess is that the parts just haven't made it through the system yet. This is my hope.

BTW, I looked at the test target and it has the grouping about 3/4" low at 10m. They say each stage changes the impact by 2"!!!! Hopefully they mean 2 moa (2"@100yd), not 2" at 10 or 25m.

Don

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If your grouping is only 3/4" low at 10ft, (that's about 2 bullet diameters), do you think it's worth adjusting? What are your typical group sizes? With that short barrel, that doesn't sound too bad for a defensive handgun.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your grouping is only 3/4" low at 10ft, (that's about 2 bullet diameters), do you think it's worth adjusting? What are your typical group sizes? With that short barrel, that doesn't sound too bad for a defensive handgun.

It's really not bad. Compared to some other tiny-barreled guns it is excellent. If I weren't such an anal engineer, it wouldn't be worth touching.:)

I punch paper more than I use if for its designed purpose. At 20-25 yds it is low. I adjust all my new guns to be on target where I want them, that just makes sense to me. I posted some targets in another thread.

If guns don't need adjustment, we should advocate that everyone throws out the extra sights that come with their P99s. Minute-of-Chest is good enough!:D

Don

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I was told that front sights will be sold seperatly .... also the regular PPS will not have a test target provided anymore...... the days of people taking time to sign all that paperwork is over..... :eek:
*edit.... I wanted to mention I was told this while in Germany by a good source......so it might take a while till they are state side

·
Registered
211 Posts
Because of my age, 74, and eyes, I have extreme difficulty seeing white front sights.
I called Dawson Precision sights and they have a replacement green fiber optic front sight for the PPS M2. It could be a little larger but I forgot to ask the diameter, so you may want to do that if you talk to them.

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see these sights.!!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts