Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
FWIW
I was told by S&W last week that 600 PPS are still in Germany.... and it was confirmed by another source just a few days ago.......
The pics look like stock photos of gunbroker.... I think the guy got the serial # not right

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I read the email again I got from S&W in regards to the First Edition .... since I have one on backorder ......
and I think it is clear..... both emails are dated 9-14
When I emailed Walther, I got somewhat the same response ... just without amounts of First Editions still being in Germany.... and also was told that they are on hold for at least the remainder of this week......
I am passing on info I had... and the serial #'s on these Gunbroker auctions just don't go along with what I have been told so far..... but it would not be the first time I am wrong :eek:

-------------- Original message --------------

Hello,

The weapons will go to distributors. We currently have 400 backorders from distributors for that weapon. I would assume that yours is one of them.

Regards,

Dave
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 2:18 PM
To: Valenze, David
Subject: RE: Walther PPS "First Edition"

Dave

thanks for that quick response.....
now will these go to Distributors like RSR or directly to FFL's ??
If they go the distributors is there a way to make sure I will get the one I preordered through my FFL ??

thanks again

Oliver

-------------- Original message --------------

Hello,

We are still waiting for the remainder of the First Edition guns to arrive from Germany. We have 600 on order still.

Regards,

Dave
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:56 PM
To: Smith & Wesson Support
Subject: Walther PPS "First Edition"

To whom it may concern

I have placed a preorder for a "First Edition" PPS with a dealer here in Utah months ago.
I see them on gunbroker and auction arms but my dealer has yet not gotten word from RSR or the other distributors about his (my) First Edition PPS.
Have they all been imported to the US or are there still some to come.

Oliver

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Shipwreck! I am happy to report that the PPS listed in that post is no longer for sale!

If I sit in front of my FFL dealer's store will my PPS get there faster?

·
Registered
23 Posts
FWIW
I was told by S&W last week that 600 PPS are still in Germany.... and it was confirmed by another source just a few days ago.......
The pics look like stock photos of gunbroker.... I think the guy got the serial # not right
Just as an FYI to everyone: My PPS arrived in great condition and as described. The serial number was in fact in the high 600's...

I wonder how many FE's are still available new?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts