Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my dealers called tonight. He got me a standard PPS for $545.99, plus sales tax and $5.00 for the transfer.

I could get it sooner, but I'll go pick it up Sat.

I got to handle a couple of FEs at Gander Mt. months back. It felt very good in the hand and I liked the trigger pull. I expect I am going to like shooting this pistol

This one will make it 6 Walthers for me currently.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
congrats... that is a sweet deal....
how many others do you have ??

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys :D

Uncut, I have 5 PPKs: 22lr dural 1967, 7.65 dural 1967, 7.65 steel frame 1967,
and two 9mmKs with no import marks. I only carry one of the 9mmKs which is about 90% cosmetically, and sometimes the 22lr. The other 3 are mint or nearly mint. The most expensive one was $725.00 The cheapest was the standard 7.65, it was $425.00
It pays to be patient!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention, the two 380s are both 1968, but I guess most of you knew that since they are not import marked. They both came with American Eagle grips, one in brown and the other in black. The black one is stone mint, came with the box, signal pin tool, brass cleaning rod, manual and target. It was a great deal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I went to the local gun store today where they were having Smith & Wesson Range Days this weekend. No Walthers with the rep.:mad:

I asked about the PPS and he said they aren't available and won't be for a couple of months. There have been some problems and they are being addressed.

My assessment of what he said.

Problems-yes, but stonewalling acknowledgment of them by Walther is my guess.

Going to be fixed-Yes. Walther has too much invested not to fix this.

Timeline-Sort of like the "the check is in the mail". Might be true, but probably will take longer.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up black frame PPS #340X today.
Very nice. I won't be able to test fire it until next weekend, though.

I must have over 2 dozen handguns and of course, no holster I have around fits it. I ordered a Kramer IWB # 2 and a mag carrier yesterday.
I can wait.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up black frame PPS #340X today.
Very nice. I won't be able to test fire it until next weekend, though.

I must have over 2 dozen handguns and of course, no holster I have around fits it. I ordered a Kramer IWB # 2 and a mag carrier yesterday.
I can wait.
Excuse me - ser # 304X

1 - 8 of 8 Posts