Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A note to anyone looking into their brand-new pistol before or after their first range trip:

Reddish stuff in the grooves/joints of your pistol are nothing to panic over, this is quite normal. Real rust is flaky, spotty, and spreads, this is solder/flux from assembling your weapon, it isn't iron oxide, the folks in Ulm just chose an odd color for firearms assembling compound ... we will forgive them for that eccentric choice, they got pretty much everything else right.

Brass marks on or around your ejection port and/or on your feed boss are normal, they can be ignored or cleaned off gently with a solvent. Don't mess with the feeding/ejection of a working gun, if the rounds go in the chamber without problems, the lead goes downrange rapidly, and the empty brass goes away ... don't mess with the gun.

Can I post a fourth picture?
If so ...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Big, I've noticed that my PPS is starting to pepper the inside of my slide with tiny bits of brass every time I go shoot. I've got 1000 rds through it since brand new in August.

Have you seen this or heard of this? Normal, not normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has any body seen reddish barrel finish in a brand new PPS? I noticed it when I was cleaning the gun for the first time after I picked it up from my FFL. The barrel is not black. And the color is uneven. Got disappointed because I thought Walther sets up high standard for quality control.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help. New PPS finish issues? A blemish?

Has any one seen a discolored barrel in a new PPS as I posted above? Can it be considered as a defected finish? It makes me uncomfortable. Never seen such finish on Glocks.

·
Premium Member
8,508 Posts
And yet some of the plum colored WWII P 38s command high prices....:)

However because it obviously troubles you, it won't hurt to call Walther CS and inquire...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is brand new; haven't shot yet. I have the same discoloration you're seeing. It's probably normal, but I'm curious. I noticed a couple minor blemishes in the slide finish too. At least you know someone else is experiencing the same thing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the discolored areas with something like CLP?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts