Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saw a video of a Walther rep at SHOT 2018 saying that the PPS M1 is all but discontinued by Walther. He said something to the effect that the existing production capacity for the classic had been adapted to the M2 production. Perhaps they can still make the classic if enough requests come in for a run, but it sounds like they are moving away for good. Edit: It's not on their website anymore either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is a shame if it is getting discontinued. I saw one at a gun shop a few months back for a little over $500. I am tempted to see if its still there and pick it up to have a spare. I have over 4,000 rounds through my M1 and it is has been nothing but reliable. It is a shame the average American shooter doesn't want to give paddle mag releases a chance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
While the ergonomics of the M2 may be better, I don't like the trigger on it. I prefer the classic trigger, they feel different to me. And obviously the paddle trigger. Paddle trigger master race!
Exactly!! When I bought my M1, I compared the M2 trigger that was next to it. M1 was much better. GARY

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Earls might have some in stock but for $595.

Walther PPS

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Is your pistol fading/peeling?
His pistol is not fading/peeling; it's a limited run First Edition pistol (which, if I recall correctly, carry the first 500 serial numbers of the initial PPS production run). It has a slightly different look to its frame and has 'First Edition' on the slide.

All in all, it just looks different -- i.e. a variant from the mass production run of all-black PPS Classics, much like the rarer-still FDE run of PPS Classics.

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
I presumed those to be holster wear from a kydex holster, but that's just speculation on my part.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts