Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
If this is a check list for new buyers..if looking at a used PPS. Check the back strap..take a close look at the catch lip on the removed backstrap....it shouldn't be discolored or lighter in color then the rest...if it is then its been subject to excessive stress, and could possible fail.

Learn the correct way of removal and follow the directions to a Tee ..or better yet have the GUN SHOP remove for you..but no matter what this is a very important issue to double check befor purchasing a used PPS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
where do i find the bb code?
I'd re-post exactly how to find the code that tells you the year of manufacture ("BB" is indicating a certain year of manufacture), but people have more than once in the thread.

READ MOAR SON.

·
Registered
7 Posts
baught my PPS .40 at Academy 2013

I Baught my first pistol from Academy in Katy Texas.
Walther PPS .40 . comes with two 6 and 7 rounds magazines.
reason I choose the pps is it's weight and slim size for self defense and conceal.
Shot 40 rounds with Winchester 165 grain S&W .40.
First day at the range and all 40 bullets were in the 5 points position.
this test was at 5 yards. so an excellent self defense pistol. lots of punch and the recoil was no that bad. I love the power of this slim gun.

this gun is not for range shooting gun. I would probably buy a PPQ 9 mm if you often go to the range a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dunno, I could shoot mine all day at the range. I don't find it a whole lot different, shooting wise, than my XD-9.

My PPS 9mm was purchased after I had found this thread and is a little bit older (AK) but I'm not too worried about the lack of tab though. For $500 I think I got a dang good deal (only came with a single 7 round mag though).

·
Registered
7 Posts
laser sight Lasermax Uni-Max® Micro

I just wanted to share this.

I would recommend a lasermax Uni-Max Mocro. Cost around $110.00.
Fix perfectly on a PPS Pistol. your forw finger will reach the laser ON/OFF button perfectly. Going to the range to adjust the aim this weekend.
Lasermax Uni-Max® Micro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just joined this forum because I am going to purchase a PPS, and in less then 5 minutes, I found answers to several questions I had thanks to this thread alone. Thanks OP for starting this thread.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Info Folks!

I've been wanting a new CCW and eyeing the PPS while I dream of the soon-to-be-released SA XDs 9mm. Pulled the trigger tonight and picked up the PPS, and this thread has been very comforting. I'd read about issues with the slide in the early models that came out, and honestly hadn't figured the code before I picked up my gun tonight. Now I feel good knowing my "BC" is a 2012 make with the S slide stop.

Happy to be on the Walther train with ya'all!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am waiting on my AK dated one....wrote to Walther to see about fix/upgrade or if I have to wait for problems first.
I'm still excited to be getting it....both FFL's I contacted re new basically told me the wait here in NY was very long.

·
Registered
53 Posts
From what I've read, don't matter, if it works don't worry about it. Sorry to respond to my own post.:)
The date codes work by matching the two letter code to the date, starting with 0. A = 0, B = 1, C = 2, etc. (J is skipped) So, a BD date code = 1 and 3 or 2013. AK = 0 and 9 or 2009.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts