Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, searcher. I already know what the date codes mean and that the pistol was manufactured in 2011. Just updating the thread with what pistol I received and the mags that came in with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You should be getting 6 and 7 rounders and yes look for a BB code...not because there is anything wrong with other years but if you are buying new it can't hurt to make sure you are getting a new gun. Make sure to check for the S (standard) on the connector instead of the H (heavy).

As far as guide rods and springs....I say don't fix what isn't broken but some people sware by them...I would not worry about that though.
Anyone got a picture of the connector that can be seen in the frame with the S or H marking. I would only want the S standard. I just bought a PPQ and want a PPS for CCW. Tried a search but didn't come up with anything. Thank you for this great thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone got a picture of the connector that can be seen in the frame with the S or H marking. I would only want the S standard. I just bought a PPQ and want a PPS for CCW. Tried a search but didn't come up with anything. Thank you for this great thread.
Yes, I very interested to find this out also. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saw a new BA (2010) marked PPS today in shop. It had the new slide stop with tab and the S on the disconnector mentioned. Test cartridge was dated 4-11-10, which I assume is 4 NOV, 2010, as in day-month-year European format. Is that correct? I think it is best to put the whole date on here for comparisons as some may interpret the month and day backwards.

Also, the PPS seems very hard to find lately, either online or here in SC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has a BA code and was test fired 6/2010 and has the tab. If you are purchasing the gun at a store just check it. If online get the BB for sure.

Oh, and make sure it has the S disconnector if you do not live in Mass.
What are the exact numbers in your test fire date. They go by day month year and the day and month are getting inaccurate data on here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before buying a pps

Does anyone know of a place in S Florida that will rent a pps 40? Arizona Gun Range has a 9 to rent. I am much more interested in the 40.
thanks

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What are the exact numbers in your test fire date. They go by day month year and the day and month are getting inaccurate data on here.
OK, the date reads as this: 06. 12. 10
The 6th day of December 2010.
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought a used 9mm PPS in great condition with a serial that starts with AC. Is there anything to watch out for? Ran 100rds through it tonight and ran like a champ.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've read through this entire thread twice and can't figure out what date my PPS was manufactured in. Either I'm just retarded or I missed something completely so could someone tell me AF2368 what year?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I've read through this entire thread twice and can't figure out what date my PPS was manufactured in. Either I'm just retarded or I missed something completely so could someone tell me AF2368 what year?
To the left of the serial # AF2368 are 4 letters. The first two are DE which is the country of origin=Germany then a proofmark(Germany)and then two more letters. Those two letters are the year your pistol was made.
AI 2008
AK 2009
BA 2010
BB 2011
BC 2012
Then there is another proofmark shaped like an antler which means it was manufactured at Ulm.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
OK, here is how to decipher the mysterious German proofs and codes on the PPS using my personal PPS as an example...

From left to right on the slide:

DE = Country of origin, in this case Duetschland (Germany).

Next is the Federal German Proof Mark

BB = Date of manufacture, in this case 2011.

The antler is the mark of the Ulm Proof House.

AF XXXX is the weapon serial number where AF is the month of manufacture, in this case 05, or May.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts