Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Harley last week and now my PPS is home today, life is sometimes good. Will be taking it out in the morning to see if it functions. I've got a queation for ya'll, can you remove the slide without removing the backstrap? The manual says to remove the backstrap, but this sounds ludicrous, do you really have to remove the backstrap everytime you break the pistol down ?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
You can remove the slide without that too....
double check mag is out and chamber is clear....
pull the trigger... pull the take-down taps and take slide off...
you may want to just so slightly pull the slide back before pulling the take-down taps ...but minimal or you will recock the PPS

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did'nt get much time at the range, it was hit and run. Only shot 56 rounds of various ammo at 7 yards, some HP's and some FMJ's, FMJ's were all 115gr. and the HP's were 115gr., 124gr. and 135gr. It ate all, no malfunctions of any kind, sights were on, I am pleased, it's a keeper...

I took a pic of the target and PPS, but how do you post a pic here, at the bottoms is states "You may not post attachments" ??

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
or you can become a supporting member....
$10 for the year and you can post all the pics you want directly on the board....this function will only be visible once you are a supporting member
http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/payments.php
also you will be entered into a drawing for some prices that came from Walther/S&W.... and get the P99 armorers manual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts