Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to start a new thread for this particular retail location because i know a lot of us shop there and buy firearms there despite their "prices." i will buy the pps, hopefully swing one before this next summer.

so i was there today and as far as availability, they have no pps handguns in the store or in the distribution warehouse according to their computer. so i filled out a form that allows them to "order" one whatever that means.

so they have both the FE and standard black listed in their system and from what i know, they can have firearms shipped from other cabelas location to another so maybe we can help each other if you see one. they tell me that these handgun go quickly so if you really want one, you should be prepared to buy it on the spot.

the standard black lists for $629 and the FE lists for $599. i'm not sure why but i asked them to double check on this. any ideas why the black is more expensive?

cabelas prices are a little high. not quite like our friends over a bps or gm which is outrageous. at least at cabelas, their coupons are abundant. i've had several $100 or $150 off $500 coupons in the past, seems about 2 or 3 times a year. plus there are cabelas gift cards about and i think you can get points with their credit card.

cabelas has a return policy on handguns (not exactly sure of the terms) so if you don't like the pps, you can bring it back. they also sell used firearms at a small discount so if i saw a slightly used (10 days) pps at $50 off, i would probably go for it. i'm not sure of it but cabelas might "deal" on new firearms prices as well.

so if you have a cabelas in your state, it's a one stop deal, they do everything there while you wait and shop. for people who don't live in a major market, cabelas is a welcome retailer and serves as an alternative to your local gun shop.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
The black PPS should be less money than the FE model. According to the WaltherAmerica website, the FE runs $665 and the black model is $622 -- clearly subject to availability.

GunsAmerica is offering a black PPS right now for $589.99.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts