Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it is off subject but this is where the traffic is. Anyone know anything about these two pistols? They are listed on the German Walther site and on the RSR gun inventory list. Also Walther's Germany site seems to suggest that they are bringing back the P38. Is that true?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Look a few post down (might be a few more than a few) and you will find a long post about the PPS......
the SP22... not much to talk about yet.... this is going to be a nice gun if it works like a Walther.... however the SP22 is being made by Walther's parent company Umarex and it might not be flawless right away.....
I have heared from a trusted source that this will be more reliable than the P22, which is btw also made by Umarex and so is the G22 , but I belive this when I see it and read about it on the Forums.....
To the P38... I think this might be left over from god knows when.... there is no way they are starting production of the P38 again.... I wish though they did also only in the steelframe variation ....:)
*edit... look at the pic of that P38 on the German Walther site... this is without the fat slide and hex-pin....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe people are all talked out about the PPS but 'uncut' gave you more insight into things in his post than I have had the ability to drum up in two days on two different forums. I guess that I should not have posted in the PP forums about the PPS.

I had read somewhere that the PPS is scheduled for a July 2007 release. I am sure that you have seen several websites which have created the ordering & sales page for them, but list as "out of stock" as a quick change in status to begin sales is all that is needed when initial quanties arrive.

WIth that said...I am excited about this pistol! Excited enough to just buy first and listen to "bug" reports second. What say you?

I would also like one each of all three magazines (to begin with).

I grew up with a 1940's PPK that was in excellent condition which belonged to my father. Man, I thought that was the end all-be all pistol when I was a kid. Plus I loved the BOND connection. As I grew older I became drawn to many different firearms, acquired a few, and in the last several years have just been getting re-aquainted with Walther. As a rookie with only a few years in on a new career, I really cant afford to spend very much or very often. I would love to own a P88. I consider it to be a Holy Grail pistol for me. I dont have a P99 either, which I have also wanted for several years. But, one day, about 4 years ago, I was in a gunshop and I handled the P22. I really liked everything about the way the little pistol felt and handled. Last year I bought a grey one and it has had no problems so far. I really like shooting it at the range, taking it camping and plinking with it and so on. I realize that it is not the quintessential Walther, and some dont even think of it as a Walther, but I like the aesthetic and design of the pistol.

I think that the PPS will be a great Walther to have and I would really like to get one.

The funny thing about me is that I consider a single $1500+ firearm as too expensive, but I will spend $1500 over the course of a year or so on several weapons that I dont like as much as the "expensive" one. I need to work on my discipline and patience. If I would refrain from buying a PPS when they are released and do that with some other purchases as well I could get enough for a P88.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant. It has been very therapuetic.

If you have any info about the PPS release, please share it.

Thank you,

lima-charlie

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
well I have seen the PPS listed at $520 for 9 &.40
and the SP22 starting @ $290/4inch, $305/6inch and $355/6inch w/rail
The one with the wood target grip is over $500 and might be out of my range for a .22lr
I will update this once I find out if these prices include shipping as I have not been able to find that out on the listing I found these

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
lima-charlie.........discipline and patience...easier said than done! Sometimes you have to jump at a "good thing" knowing that it actually is. Over the weekend, I was luck enough to get a P88 at $995 on GA. I consider this a really great price. Last year, I got a PP Super, .380, unfired with box target & papers for $500 - another great deal on GA. I check the gun board and auctions every day. There are some great deals out there, but not every day-just don't give up. I also find that our local gun shows are not such a terrific place to buy guns, but local shops get things on and off too. We all have budgets, and sometimes I will sell something to buy another, if I need the cash. And, do let us know when you buy something new-share!

Keep looking! photo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the moral support. It sounds like you got some great deals in the recent past!! That gives me hope. I'll just keep lookin' and keep savin'.

lima-charlie

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
It sure looks like a nice piece, although you never know until
you pick one up and get a feel for it -- then take it out to the
range and see how it reacts. There's little doubt that we'll all
have to pick one up at some point and add it to the collection.

Earl's has a line on both the 9mm and .22LF on the site, so
you might look there if you haven't already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts