Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking over at the Walther P99 page and noticed several people singing the praises of Mika's pocket holsters for the P99 compact. Interestingly, Mika has an ordering section where you can buy a custom pocket holster.

Hmmmm. This might hold some promise for the PPS, no?

Anybody ever done this? Or am I getting ready to take one for the team on this one and compose an order for the first custom made pocket holster for the PPS?

Link to Mika's: http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/order.html

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I was looking over at the Walther P99 page and noticed several people singing the praises of Mika's pocket holsters for the P99 compact. Interestingly, Mika has an ordering section where you can buy a custom pocket holster.

Hmmmm. This might hold some promise for the PPS, no?

Anybody ever done this? Or am I getting ready to take one for the team on this one and compose an order for the first custom made pocket holster for the PPS?

Link to Mika's: http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/order.html
I would say that given his track record for quality work, this idea holds a great deal of promise for PPS owners. Robert Mika is a rare businessman whose primary aim is to make holsters that work for his customers. Customer service, in fact, seems to be his primary goal. Top this: He sends you the holster on the honor system; simply mail him a check if you like it when it comes to your door.

I recently ordered a pocket holster for a PPK/S, and he told me that if I didn't like it, I was free to give it to someone who could make use of it instead of returning it to him. It's not every day that you deal with such a gentleman, though you see this sort of service far more with small business owners than you do with the big guys.

He's a working LEO, by the way, and spends at least some of his time on the night shift. So if he's a little slow answering the phone, you'll know why. :)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Any further experience with Mika's holsters and the PPS?
I want both IWB and pocket as options, and Mika seems to offer both for a good price.
I can't recall seeing anything bad about his business (besides wait times) and I see a LOT of positive info, but not PPS specific.

Can anyone weigh in on personal experience with Robert Mika?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Interesting that this thread was revived from 2007.

OK, given that, I did get the pocket holster from Robert and gave it a try. The holster is made of quality leather and fit the gun perfectly; it's even hand-signed. But the PPK/S itself is just too heavy for pocket carry, IMO, so I never used the product. I'm guessing that from what I know of the PPS (and I have two of them), I wouldn't be comfortable carrying it in a pocket holster for the same reason: it weighs too much.

For me, pocket carry works fine with something smaller and lighter than either the PPK/S or the PPS: the new Ruger LCP or the Kel-tec P3AT, perhaps. Again, that's a personal assessment; it might be great for you. What I can attest to is the quality and craftsmanship that you'll get from Robert Mika. He's a quality guy and a gentleman.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts

OK, given that, I did get the pocket holster from Robert and gave it a try. The holster is made of quality leather and fit the gun perfectly; it's even hand-signed. But the PPK/S itself is just too heavy for pocket carry, IMO, so I never used the product. I'm guessing that from what I know of the PPS (and I have two of them), I wouldn't be comfortable carrying it in a pocket holster for the same reason: it weighs too much.

For me, pocket carry works fine with something smaller and lighter than either the PPK/S or the PPS: the new Ruger LCP or the Kel-tec P3AT, perhaps. Again, that's a personal assessment; it might be great for you. What I can attest to is the quality and craftsmanship that you'll get from Robert Mika. He's a quality guy and a gentleman.

Hope that helps.
Would you like to sell it to me if you still have it? I was going to order one from him for my PPK, but I would take it off your hands. Thanks-Scott.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread when my question was halfway answered.
Still hoping to hear about Mika's IWB holster or a direct experience with a PPS pocket holster.
I wear cargo pants most of the time, so I have the room, and I know the PPS loaded up with 7 9mm rounds is just barely within the range of what I'm willing to pocket for hours.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a photo of a Mika holster for the PPS over at PPStalk.com in a for sale thread.
Here is the link: http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=365

I have been pocket carrying in a cheap Desantis Nemisis holster. Its okay, but I think there are better options available. I considered a holster from Mika, and even sent him an email asking a few questions I had, but I deleted his response. He will do just about anything you ask, and seems like a really nice guy. I decided to go a different route though, and ordered a Fist #5. I like it better because I also carry in cargo shorts a lot, and would like to have the push off peice that is available on this holster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts