Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I spoke with some dude name "dave" at s&w and he told me at the end of the month they will be shipping the 40cal.....dunno if he was blowin smoke but he didn't hesitate with the info. I'm crossing my fingers he's not a "white lie" kinda guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
PPS .40

I sent them an e-mail earlier in September, and received a reply from
Dave, saying that the .40 cal PPS would be available at the end of
September or the beginning of October.

When none became available, I called on 10-5, and spoke to a
woman on the phone. I forgot to get her name. She said that they had
both the .40 cal and the regular black 9mm on backorder, as well as
more of the First Edition 9mm's. She said that none of any kind were
in stock at the moment. She added that they had expected them at
the end of September, and that none had arrived. She now expects them
at the end of October, but says that basically they arrive when they
arrive. She was reasonably friendly, and very helpful.

Apparently they are all still in Germany, or en route, and all that
were initially received were a portion of the First Edition 9mm's, and a
very few of the plain black, which she said were mostly sent out to
gunwriters. I guess that explains why GunBlast and Guns and Ammo both
had pictures of plain black 9mm test guns.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ahhhhhh so the only people who really would basicly doesn't know. I guess it all adds to the whole experience.....maybe one day I can tell my grandchildren about it? Its been quite awhile since I've anticipated a product and man am I ready for it. I really hope if there has been problems with the 9mm it won't inherently exhist with the 40cal. Heard someone, maybe on this forum mentioning about magazined ammo stripping problems due to low slide velocity. I sure do hope with the larger caliber the problem will not exhist. I would imagine so, but to all those pros out there, would the 40cal reduce chances of low slide velocity problems?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow ... thanks for the pictures! Looks like there was alot to see in Vegas this year.

Looks like that .40 PPS has a little wear ... wonder if they would be willing to sell it to me at a slight discount????n

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Great report, Ken, and wonderful photos. It's almost as good as being there. The SP22 looks particularly interesting, though all of the various models -- just like the PPS -- have been exceedingly difficult to find. Maybe things will change for the better in 2008. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts