Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to the range with my buddy who has a 365. I had heard very good things about this pistol, and while it's not bad I'm glad I have the opportunity to shoot a bunch of rounds through it. I had rented one when I was looking for an EDC, and with the brief time I had with it it came in second out of all of the polymer single stack 9 mm (to the PPS). Shooting it today Im so glad I went with the PPS. Anyone own both?

Registered
Another one of these threads? I'm sure there were a couple of long running conversations here on that subject. 馃槈

Yes owned a couple of PPSM1 and then sold them as fast as I could after the P365 came out. No contest for me, the P365 is superior.

Yes even to the PPSM2.

Reactions: Gin and SimonRL

Registered
I have a PPS M1 and a P365.

They're both nice but neither of them see a lot of carry time. Both too big, IMO. I prefer a Beretta Pico in my pocket for deep concealment. I have to run, jump, kneel, squat and generally be pretty active during my day job so I like something unobtrusive and not easily discovered.

Back to the topic at hand...

It really comes down to capacity on the P365/PPS for a lot of users. If the PPS had 10+1, 12+1 or 15+1 and the P365 only held 6, 7 or 8+1 I suspect the PPS would be a much more popular and favored pistol.

A couple things that stand out to me on the P365 are the excellent sights and a trigger without a dingus. The X-Ray sights with the green front, black rear and tritium inserts really pop. I prefer those over the plain 3 dot variety that come on the PPS (of course sights are ez to swap out). I also greatly prefer a non-dingus trigger (although I have several guns that do have them)

My PPS has seen virtually zero time in a holster. When I feel the need for a 9mm I go to the P365 or my P99c.

Registered
I was surprised at how accurate Extremists P365 was when I had a chance to fire it, didn't drop the mag either.
I would personally never carry anything that small as a primary defensive handgun, but that's due to XL hand syndrome.

Reactions: Jimmo952

Registered
I have a PPS M2 LE Edition (6, 7 & 8 round mags & a P365. I like the PPS M2 but I carry the P365. I carry with a 12 round mag & a spare 12 rounder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered
Another one of these threads? I'm sure there were a couple of long running conversations here on that subject. 馃槈

Yes owned a couple of PPSM1 and then sold them as fast as I could after the P365 came out. No contest for me, the P365 is superior.

Yes even to the PPSM2.
but you are in a Walther PPS forum, I bet you would like the Sig talk forum .

Registered
but you are in a Walther PPS forum, I bet you would like the Sig talk forum .
I do, but find myself visiting walther forum more for the PDP ;)

Registered
I keep hearing this ammo capacity comment and I get it but I don't get it. When I carry a gun with 13, 15, or 17 rounds in the magazine I don't feel any more comfortable than I do when I carry my PPS M2 or my wife's LC9s. The overwhelming majority of us will never use our weapon for self defense which means we won't fire one round other than at the range. I am sure many would like to have extra rounds and not need them than to need one or two more in a bad situation and not have them in the gun. One thing for sure is these gun manufacturers continue to find ways to get us to buy another gun and it works just about every time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts