Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
The fact that they give the sights a 14 out of 15 does not give me a great deal of confidence in their overall judgement.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I am not surprised with this. My M&P M2.0 compact is right on the heels of my Walthers and I was able to shoot it better the last time I took them out .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like my Q also like my P320F, but, that's one flimsy article in both word count and explanation of testing criteria. I would like to know why they only gave the P320F a 7 on sights, the 320 uses steel 3 dot sights (two night sight versions available from the factory) and the rear can be used to do a one handed chambering. Why did they have the P30 in there a hammer fired gun amongst all striker fired guns, should have been a VP9.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
I hope the authors included the test methods details and the basis for their ratings. If not the numbers are virtually meaningless??

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
The fact that they give the sights a 14 out of 15 does not give me a great deal of confidence in their overall judgement.
Critique of the article not the subject pistols.

Handguns compared not all the same type or barrel length. HK DA/SA hammer , Walther PPG 5 inch barrel.

Also the gun writers have been around for years decades.

Writer and participants with experience seems like they could be able to master the DA/SA JK. Apples to Apples would have been the VP9.

Walther sights would have been nice to have photos of each POV to compared pistol sights.

Glock
Usual comment about pointing high. Actual admitted none of the participants learned how to use a Glock that has been around since the 1980s. At least none of the old usual comments.

FN and M&P hinged trigger. No mention of how or if that type affected each participant. But implied no affect.

Take away Walter was the best. So conclusion was favorable. Go out and buy a Walther.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
After reviewing the details and especially the target results it appears that there is no reason for owners of the non-walther pistols to switch. The results are far too close to declare an absolute and without question.....winner.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am not surprised with this. My M&P M2.0 compact is right on the heels of my Walthers and I was able to shoot it better the last time I took them out .
I carry a M&P 2.0, and am surprised they rated the trigger just below the PPQ.

I don't think they are even close. The M&P is fine overall, but the trigger isn't one of its better points - especially compared to the PPQ.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

I don't think they are even close. The M&P is fine overall, but the trigger isn't one of its better points - especially compared to the PPQ.

Agree.

I would like to see a vid of someone, ANYONE (excluding Jerry M) triple tapping an M&P like seen in this PPQ review video......

Reactions: jkv45

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

The trigger is not as good on my M&P 2.0 as compared to my Walthers but the end results are very close when I shoot it. That's what I like the most and it is head and shoulders better than my Glock that just waits and waits to reappear from lockup.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The trigger is not as good on my M&P 2.0 as compared to my Walthers but the end results are very close when I shoot it. That's what I like the most and it is head and shoulders better than my Glock that just waits and waits to reappear from lockup.
I do like the PPQ in 9mm, but for .45 the M&P 2.0, with it aggressive grip texture, just feels and shoots better for me - even with a far inferior trigger.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If PPQ has lowest recoil, I'm doubting the test, but that's just me.

I own, or have owned, each of the guns in this test except the P30. I do own a couple of VP9s which would have been a much better choice to include.

I use a crush grip but still notice the flip of a PPQ a bit. Of the guns listed I would have chosen the M&P 2.0 compact and the FN as handling recoil the best. The M&P especially is a most excellent handgun. Unlike some, I like the hinged trigger better than most Glock-like triggers with the safety thingy in the middle of the trigger. Personal choice.

The PPQ thingy is about the best of the bunch of that type trigger, while my Glocks are the worst.

It's just an article and like all others like it, personal opinion is the deciding factor. Another group might test these same handguns and come up with different opinions. Shoot what you like regardless of what others might think.

·
Registered
270 Posts
(SNIP)
I use a crush grip but still notice the flip of a PPQ a bit. Of the guns listed I would have chosen the M&P 2.0 compact and the FN as handling recoil the best. The M&P especially is a most excellent handgun. Unlike some, I like the hinged trigger better than most Glock-like triggers with the safety thingy in the middle of the trigger. Personal choice.
(SNIP)
I initially didn't care for the (look of) M&P's hinged trigger - but it isn't noticeable at all when firing.

With the design and adjustable backstraps of the M&P 2.0, I can get the trigger shoe in just the right position for me. Something I can't do with all similar pistols.

The M&P's recoil, even in .45, seems very manageable to me. Partly due to the bore-line, but also due to the aggressive grip texture - which I really like.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, it appears the scoring would have been much different if they had selected the PPQ M1.

M&Ps also come with Tritium sights but that model was not used.

They do mention the changeable grip modules on the Sig but then ding it as the one they had was too narrow. Then ding the trigger as too light???

I also agree with the scriptfiller that a VP9 would have been more comparable.

In full disclosure, I have a VP9, 4" PPQ, 5"PPQ, P320 Compact, and an 1.0 M&P 5" Core with a 2.0 trigger. Shot plenty of Glocks. Never shot a FN.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts