Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is FAP next???

'Cause, based on some of the comments by PPQ owners, and their affection for them, I think that horse has left the barn

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I'd like to open this back up

In the OP Pics I don;t see a difference in barrel length

On Walthers website for the M2 Model ... it shows the Navy having a 4.6" opposed the regular PPQ with 4.0" barrel

Was this not the case on the M1 model?

I already have a 5" M&P9 CORE ... wanted something in the 4" range but not sure about this 4.6" M2 now

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
In the US, the Navy model comes with only the threaded barrel.

I believe in other countries, the pistol comes with both the standard and threaded barrels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, I have an M1 that I bought here in the US that cae with the 4" and the 4.6" barrels (though, it didn't come with the suppressor -- I had to buy that separately).

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Actually, I have an M1 that I bought here in the US that cae with the 4" and the 4.6" barrels (though, it didn't come with the suppressor -- I had to buy that separately).
Where did you buy an M1 Navy?

Earl's Repair Service?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Manufacturing error?

Hi,

I noticed in Tangfoglio's posting, the hole drilled in the underside of the M2 Navy slide, is clear of the center 'rib'. Please see attached photo of my own gun, with the hole drilled partially into that same rib. I have e-mailed photos to Walther U.S. I will see what they say. But I am concerned this is a 'miss' by the driller. Opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
@daibhi have you heard back from Walther? The hole in the slide on my Navy is the same as yours.

Where does the Navy fall as far as holsters are concerned, is it considered a 4" or 5"?
TIA

Airmech

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
The Navy is a 4" with a threaded barrel and a few other enhancements. The hole in question is to drain water from the striker channel. In addition, daibhi is comparing an M1 Navy (Tanfoglio's) and an M2, daibhi's version. Slides on the M1 and M2 have some differences. daibhi's concern is actually a NO concern.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know if you can purchase the new Navy striker assembly to put in a standard PPQ? I'd like to do this and drill the holes in the slide as well.
Has any one drilled the drain hole in slide and installed the navy striker assembly? If so how is it running?

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Wonder how that standard PPQ fired underwater.
I've shot a Classic Q underwater using 124 GECO fmj with sealed primers.

It doesn't cycle reliably. I completely submerged the weapon allowing water to completely fill the weapon and displace all the air and fired from just below the surface to a depth of about two feet. It would not cycle in a reliable fashion. Certainly not like my Navy Q which would empty mag after mag.

As I remember it also had a light strike or two as well that could have been from water in the striker channel.

At the surface while wet it did fire reliably after it was submerged when given a quick shake or moment to drain.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will say that the Navy does fire fine underwater....do not use hollow points....

I'll be trying at 2 atmospheres (28 psi) soon and will let everyone know the results.....I'm not chancing it at greater pressures (or depths, greater depths mean greater pressures).
So i wonder if i should just get the navy for being in the woods. My weapons gets soaked alot Being in woods in maine. Im sure if dunked in water and let let drip dry it would be fine to cycle till i had time to clean it. but thinking the nazy would be better

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Robbins, getting rained on (I guess that'd be soaked) and being completely submerged are two different animals. The Navy is designed to be used immediately after being completely submerged and flooded with water. A rain storm ain't gonna be a problem.

Either Q should perform flawlessly for your trips thru the woods.

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Either Q will work just fine during or after extremely heavy rainfall. I'm talking a frog strangling rain not just a thunderstorm.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts