Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying the Trijicon night sights for my PPQ M2 9mm (Trijicon Walther P99/PPQ/PPQ M2 Heavy Duty Night Sight Set # 600738 Front Sight Color: Orange - $114 @ Optics Planet). Anybody have some range time with these?

Currently I have the XS Big Dot tritium sights. Thought they would suit my aging eyes but I am not very happy with them. The rear sight is hard to line up, especially in daylight conditions, and they shoot low (about three+ inches low @ seven yards).

Some video reviews say the Trijicons also shoot low - Is this true?

Looking for feedback on POA vs. POI, or general impression of Trijicons - good and bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have experience with the HDs, but I did put the Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights on my PPQ M2 5" and they greatly helped my accuracy especially at a dimly lit indoor range I go to. Specs on them show they are both lower than the HDs you're looking at. POA & POI same as the factory sights (for me, anyway).
I can tell you that my "aging eyes" benefited from them. I like them so much, I later got a set for my PPQ 45
Hope this helps

·
Registered
705 Posts
The OP looks like I wrote it. I had XS big dots but wasn't as accurate and I bought the orange Trijicons and I'm much more accurate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
I only use Trijicon HD’s. The only difference is that I moved from a target style sight picture (where the front post bisects the bullseye) to a combat style sight (where the dot on the front sight covers the bullseye). I find that I have fantastic accuracy at 10-15 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also have the trip HD ... on my 4” ppq. Personally I’m not thrilled with them. They did change my point of impact. As the previous poster stated they change the the point of aim so that the dot on the sight is the point of impact. That’s fine at close range but as you move your target away, and the bullseye gets smaller your sight covers the whole target making it a guessing game. I’m thinking of switching to the steel Walther sights with the larger dots. Still better then the poly ppq sights.

If you are happy with “combat accuracy” meaning. 4 or 5 inch group at 50+ feet then they are fine. But don’t plan to tighten that up to an inch or so with those sights.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I use the Trij HDs, no issues with POA/POI (combat sighting 7 to 10 yds), good even at 25 yards (6oc sighting). Just got a set of Trij Bright & Tough for my HK P7M13. Have a set coming for for my Sig Sauer P6 too.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yellow HD

I have the yellow trijicon on my PPQ and I can actually see the front sight . The plastic ones worked just fine but my eyes don't , was hard to keep focused on the tiny dots . I have a set of orange hd on a glock 34 , my eyes seems to prefer yellow . IMO any time you have a u shaped notched rear sight there is some wiggle room on a sight picture . Many things go into accurate shooting like trigger pull not flinching good grip etc . Just blaming sights may not always be what's wrong .

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
If I were to get these, I'd go with the HD sights for the PPS, that way you could take the entire click-adjustable retention system of the rear sight out of the pistol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got my Trijicon HD sights in yellow for $111 @ Optics Planet. The orange ones were $114 but recently went up to $128.

Easy to install.

Comparison to my XS Big Dot sights:
- Trijicon front sight appeared a little brighter but much more crisp than the Big Dot
- For the rear sights, the Trijicons were much much brighter than the XS. I have no instruments to measure the difference but I would say the Trijicons were three to four times brighter. I bought the XS Big Dot sights in March 2016 so, maybe they've faded a bit.
- At the range, I really enjoyed shooting with the new Trijicons. POA/POI pretty good for me. The yellow front sight was very easy to pick up and focus on - Maybe the orange would be just as good - IDK - Either way, much better than the XS. Very good results (for me) from 5, 7, and 10 yards (9mm 124 gr Blazer Brass).

The rear sight also sticks up enough to get good leverage when racking the slide on your belt. Really easy (much better than with the XS or the PPQ stock sights).

Definitely recommend buying the Trijicon HD sights in yellow (or orange if you like that).
:)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've found the Trijicon night sights are brighter also. It's no wonder Trijicon is the most popular night sight choice with LEOs and the Military.

Just installed a "Bright and Tough" set on my HK P7M13 last week, great sights........

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a orange FS Glock and a yellow FS PPQ . I see yellow better . I need to put a yellow XR HD front sight (thinner) I bought for my Glock to check it out .

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I just wish they weren't so goddamn tall 😉
Low profile, no edges like the Mepros I've put on the PPS would be nice. But with an orange ringed front sight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just wish they weren't so goddamn tall 😉
Low profile, no edges like the Mepros I've put on the PPS would be nice. But with an orange ringed front sight.
The edges are good because they make it easy to rack the slide one handed should you become injured. The rear sights will easily hook onto a belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have (2) PPQ 4" M1s. One fitted with Trijicon HDs and (1) with Trijicons Bright and Sturdys. I find the POI of the HD is moved to combat sight with the Bright and Sturdys keep the POI the same as stock. For accuract the B&S are defintily better imo. I get much more constistant groups past 7 yards. The HDs are faster to acquire out of the holster but not by a whole lot. I do really like the large orange dot up front. 10 yards and further the Bright & Studys are clearly superior. So far I have about 250 rds through each set up so I have a lot more testing to do.

(First Post) :D:D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts