Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shot and cleaned my pistol several times without any issues removing the barrel jacket to clean it. But, after shooting it this weekend, the barrel jacket won't come off and it is stuck in a position that allows for about 5mm of forward/aft play in the barrel. The silencer adapter has come loose a few times while shooting and I'm worried that something may have wedged itself between the jacket and barrel. Has anyone else had this issue or any suggestions on what I should do to remove the barrel jacket?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep

I really like the PPQ 22 but hate disassembling and reassembling it. I don’t have a fix for you other than a piece of leather and vice grips. Hate the spring, I use a chopstick to keep the spring straight but it is still a pain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll have to give the leather and vice grips a try. I need to make sure my barrel isn't cracked or bulged. I read in another forum where the guy had a squib round after he was able to fire while the slide was out of battery due to the round not being fully seated. Blew the side of the casing out but the casing ejected and he fired another round which ended up bulging and cracking the barrel. Both rounds came out but the fragments damaged the baffling in his suppressor. He said Walther told him the repairs aren't covered under warranty since they deemed it as an ammunition issue and to take it up with the ammunition manufacturer. I've also had a few instances where the side of the casing was blown out and now I'm thinking I may have fired out of battery and had a squib round at some point. I checked the barrel a few times after this occurred but not every time because at the time, I didn't think that I'd be able to fire if the slide wasn't in battery. I bet the same thing happened to me. Not sure why this pistol allows you to fire a round while out of battery. Seems pretty unsafe to me. I'm glad it didn't blow up in my face.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Doesn’t have to be leather just something to protect the sleeve from the vice grips. You might be able to a belt wrench used to remove tight lids on jars. Amazon carries a pair offered by Sears that I have been using for the past 15 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts