Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Nice!

You can also use the IMG tags, the image will be directly visible without clicking a link (unless PB is being bass-ackwards again..)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stippling is the way, here are see pics of my Q5 I stippled. I went a little higher on the grip than you because I felt that that was the area that allowed the gun to move most in my hands . I also did around the take down lever/button and in all the areas that had wording.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
First Stippling attempt. I think it turned out ok.
I normally don't care for stippling on firearms but you did a really nice job. What kind of tool did you use ? I've got a battery powered soldering iron that doesn't get too hot so it's very controllable.

Here's one of my attempts :

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I normally don't care for stippling on firearms but you did a really nice job. What kind of tool did you use ? I've got a battery powered soldering iron that doesn't get too hot so it's very controllable.

Here's one of my attempts :
I used an inexpensive plug in soldering iron with an medium pointed tip. I touched the tip lightly at varying angles. For the edges I used a smaller pointed tip to get the border I felt looked best. Then went to the medium tip. I practice on an old AR15 grip first.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
You did a very good job. I took the lazy man (OF) approach and used two strips of industrial Velcro front & back plus one on the front of the trigger guard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts