Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a PPQ 45. What an awesome weapon. In the past 3 weeks that I have had it, I've put close to 800 rounds through it. It chews up everything. Yesterday, I was putting some rounds through rapidly, seeing how well I could double-tap and ran through 4 mags one after another. After I thoroughly cleaned the weapon, I noticed that the Slide Stop was in the Up position. I tried to run a mag of SnapCaps through it and it jammed every single round until I pushed the Slide Stop down. After close inspection I notice the spring (30 2663473 Slide stop lever spring) was under the detent. Using a small pick, I was able to move it to the correct position, all be it that this separated the slide release, but a simple pressure they have snapped together.

I put 20 Snap Cap rounds through the weapon without issue, so we'll see if it stays put next time I'm out to the range.

Has anyone else has had this issue happen to them? I bought the gun because of the reviews and how it shoots, but if its a chronic issue I would rather know now than later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have over 4000 rounds in a PPQ M2 and have not had that issue. If it happens again, i suggest ordering a new spring from Walther. The cost is insignificant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts