Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a the size of the slot that the PPQ has on the slide for the front sight to drop into?

I'm working on something and don't have a PPQ around.

If anyone has a set of calipers I'd sure appreciate the length and width of the notch. Depth of the slide material would be handy as well, but I can get by for awhile without that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, you lazy jerks, here it is. :rolleyes:

2.93mm x 7.88mm

My sample slide, no idea where tolerances might be for yours. Just file this away for future info for someone.

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
Thanks Noodles...I was too lazy to dismount my front sight and check for you...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not.

I have some rear sights here. But when looking at those dimensions, you'd have to specifically want to know the rear sight slide dimentsions, or the dimensions of the rear sight itself, then the material and mfg it's made from are going to toss those dimensions all around.

I have a slide taken down here. If I have the time, I can pull dimensions. But I'm a little busy with an aluminum milling project at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the help Noodles, I was looking for the dimensions of the grove in the slide, so I may adapt a set of speed sights on my PPQ M2 5 inch.
That may be a strange dimension to measure with the bevel and all, but any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
13,489 Posts
Thanks for the help Noodles, I was looking for the dimensions of the grove in the slide, so I may adapt a set of speed sights on my PPQ M2 5 inch.
That may be a strange dimension to measure with the bevel and all, but any help would be great.
I'm pretty sure you're SOL in your quest to adapt someone else's rear sight to the Walther dovetail. Speed Sights only list sights for Glock, XD and Sig....no PPQ. I did, however, adapt a Glock front Speed Sight to my Q...it's taller and much wider than the standard front sight, which made trying to use a stock or aftermarket rear sight not a marriage made in heaven. I do like the look of Speed Sights and REALLY wish they'd jump on the PPQ, but after almost a year from my communications with Speed Sights, nuttin' yet.

Good luck on that rear sight adaptation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice looking front sight there Oldfart, how's it shoot?
I was thinking of modifying one of there rear sights, as well as the front sight, as you did. Do you like it, and am I on the right track?

·
Premium Member
13,489 Posts
As bad as I hate to say it, nope, you're not on the right track. The Speed Sight front sight is much taller and a lot wider than the factory or aftermarket front sights. Being as how the front is taller and wider means you need a rear sight that's also taller with a wider notch......ain't no animals like that around.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Speed Sights developed for the PPQ, I just don't think it's gonna happen. I sent the guy a set of polymer sights last year so he could take measurements, etc. Never heard back from him.

I actually run an AmeriGlo front sight (again for a Glock) and have developed a way to affix it to the slide so it doesn't come lose. I DO use a little JB Weld, but I'm NOT epoxying the sight to the slide...just modifying the sight to match up with the slot in the slide. For rears, I use a Meprolight or a Trijicon.....this combo changes the sight picture to a target shooters picture, rather than the standard combat sight picture. Works for me!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
PPQ sights

When it comes to front fiber optic sights for my M1 and M2 5" slide, I go with Daswon. Either as a set or a front sight only. The F.O. is great and the different heights for the front sight lets me dial in the perfect sight group for me. I have found that even with comperable sights on a VP9, the PPQ M! is nearly twice as accurate (group[ing). Only my HK Tacs and Experts are more accurate. Still working on the HK's POI but they are great machines. BTW, my LGS put a CCP in my hand and I am impressed, so I'll get one and run it against my pocket carry PM9.
Chris

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
Nino the M2 refers to the mag release type. The Classic or M1 is a paddle release and the M2 is a button.....you may consider your Q45 an M2.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts