Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a slightly used PPQ M2, it came with a green FO front sight which is .145" wide and a rear sight with 2 white dots and a .177 groove. the combination of old eyes and the wide sight gap sent me on a search for something better, I thought I found it with a rear sight made by Turul but it appears he dropped off the planet.
Folks here seem to like Speedsights, the Trijicon product looks good also, I am satisfied with the currently equipped FO, is there a more narrow rear sight available?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Hello VATom. I believe Turul got too busy to make/supply these sights, as it was just a sideline (I think). There are nice, as I have some. Yep, the rear gap was nice and tight, and I really like that. I believe you're up S creek if you're hoping to find an aftermarket sight manufacture offering a tighter sight picture.

SpeedSights actually have very little to NO gap between the sides of the front sight and the slot in the rear. You just line up the diamonds and the POI is the top/tip of the diamond on the front sight. Most people that try these spend at least 3 or 4 seconds looking at the sight picture and fall in love. GREAT for old dudes suffering from CSS. Also great for younger shooters with normal vision.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For those of you with Meprolights for the PPQ.

Are they good sights for the money?

I just want green, green, and I've had them on CZs and Glocks before. Do you need a 6 oclock hold with the Mepros?

·
Premium Member
8,655 Posts
You might also look at the TFX Pro Night sights. They are a great EDC sight that work in most all situations including the most challenging dawn and dusk. The times when the tritium output of the sights closes matches the ambient light of the surrounding area.

That is where the fiber optics of the TFX come in they gather that light and add it to the tritium vials and that helps add enough light to the sights to acquire target...

Actually Speed Sights or the TFX Pros will stand you in good stead.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't see that Tru-Glo sights have the U notch on the side like the Meps or Trij
sights do for quick install?

·
Premium Member
8,655 Posts
TruGlo are push mounted sights. While it is more complex to mount these sights, once they are mounted they do stay where they are placed...

·
Registered
364 Posts
For those of you with Meprolights for the PPQ.

Are they good sights for the money?

I just want green, green, and I've had them on CZs and Glocks before. Do you need a 6 oclock hold with the Mepros?

I have the Meprolights on my PPQ and I really like them very much. The green dots are very bright and also are quite large. I find them quite easy to see in the dark, and also in daylight. They do give you a 6 o'clock hold which is another reason I really prefer them. They are hard to beat for the price.

https://www.1800gunsandammo.com/products/mako-front-rear-green-green-iron-sight-ml18801

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can anyone provide the number/part size of the front sight as it came from the factory on a PPQ M2? I found the part number from the Walther exploded view and within that part number there are six different sizes.

THNX

·
Registered
156 Posts
I no longer compete and I don’t like to have “Safe Queens” so I have trimmed by gun collection down to 2 guns that are fun to shoot and 4 guns for “Defense” that I can alternate when working or daily carry. I am really impressed with SpeedSights and I’m working toward all “Defense” guns haveing SpeedSights. No matter which one I am carrying I will have the same sight picture.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Turul sights leftovers

Hello VATom. I believe Turul got too busy to make/supply these sights, as it was just a sideline (I think). There are nice, as I have some. Yep, the rear gap was nice and tight, and I really like that. I believe you're up S creek if you're hoping to find an aftermarket sight manufacture offering a tighter sight picture.

SpeedSights actually have very little to NO gap between the sides of the front sight and the slot in the rear. You just line up the diamonds and the POI is the top/tip of the diamond on the front sight. Most people that try these spend at least 3 or 4 seconds looking at the sight picture and fall in love. GREAT for old dudes suffering from CSS. Also great for younger shooters with normal vision.
I posted the leftovers here...

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/trading-post-parts-bin/112364-leftover-turul-sights.html

Maybe not in the right section... But these are all I have left for now... I know I have been threatening to make more :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Still around... I try and respond to private messages as much as I can.

I recently purchased a slightly used PPQ M2, it came with a green FO front sight which is .145" wide and a rear sight with 2 white dots and a .177 groove. the combination of old eyes and the wide sight gap sent me on a search for something better, I thought I found it with a rear sight made by Turul but it appears he dropped off the planet.
Folks here seem to like Speedsights, the Trijicon product looks good also, I am satisfied with the currently equipped FO, is there a more narrow rear sight available?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts