Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used Viridian C5L and Streamlight TLR-4 fit my P99C, so I would think they would also fit the PPQ SC.

My daughters P99C with Viridian C5L and Plus 2 baseplate.

Custom holster, fits in her purse.
Thanks I'll check out the Viridian. The crimson trace railmaster looks like it might fit as well. Next issue if finding a holster maker that can accommodate these lights. The TLr3/4 is a good light but I don't like how it will stick out so far from the muzzle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Anyone have any luck finding a light that actually fits the rail? I've tried the Olight PL Mini, Streamlight TLR7 and various other larger lights with no luck. A recommendation would be great!
I had a similar issue with my PPS M1(classic) when I tried to fit the streamlight TLR7. The light was like 3mm too long to lock into the pic rail underneath. The back of the light was hitting the trigger guard. So I shaved down the 1913-4 pic rail fitting that came with the light. It's locked in place now and hasn't moved or loosen within the 500-600 rounds it's been on my M1. My PPS is chambered in 40sw so if it was going to come loose it would've happened by now.;)

I would've thought you had more real estate on the SC PPQ rail then my PPS, but I guess not. They are probably damn near the same length then if the light wouldn't fit. If you want to see pics of what I did just let me know.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just about any universal will work unless you want one that conforms to the trigger guard. I don’t mean to offend but, why would you put a light on a sub compact pistol? The sub compact pistol gives up length to improve conceal ability, adding a light generally makes the gun longer with the exception or Viridian, who do try to keep the light behind the muzzle. Its your gun do what pleases you, you will find you don’t have many holster choices.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a similar issue with my PPS M1(classic) when I tried to fit the streamlight TLR7. The light was like 3mm too long to lock into the pic rail underneath. The back of the light was hitting the trigger guard. So I shaved down the 1913-4 pic rail fitting that came with the light. It's locked in place now and hasn't moved or loosen within the 500-600 rounds it's been on my M1. My PPS is chambered in 40sw so if it was going to come loose it would've happened by now.;)

I would've thought you had more real estate on the SC PPQ rail then my PPS, but I guess not. They are probably damn near the same length then if the light wouldn't fit. If you want to see pics of what I did just let me know.
I noticed I could almost get it to work but it would take modification like yours. I was willing to do it at the time. I did get in touch with a holster company that makes holsters for the PPQ SC and he thinks he is going to 3d print an adapter for the TLR7 and the Olight PL Mini.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I noticed I could almost get it to work but it would take modification like yours. I was willing to do it at the time. I did get in touch with a holster company that makes holsters for the PPQ SC and he thinks he is going to 3d print an adapter for the TLR7 and the Olight PL Mini.
Yeah it wasn’t that involved to shaved down the little plastic lip. Wasn’t worried about butchering the fitting since, it’s probably a $3 part.
I really like the TLR7 because it’s small and bright, and I know streamlights are reliable.
I’m sure you can find lots of holster options, it’s just the wait for a custom one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed I could almost get it to work but it would take modification like yours. I was willing to do it at the time. I did get in touch with a holster company that makes holsters for the PPQ SC and he thinks he is going to 3d print an adapter for the TLR7 and the Olight PL Mini.[/QUOTE]

Who did you go through that said they would 3d print it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.