Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new PPQ SC which I find very difficult to rack compared to my 4 in PPQ. It almost feels as if the internals are "sticking" on something. I do NOT have the first PPQSC issue where the slide ramp was lower than the end causing rounds to stick.

I have trouble manually pulling it back to the slide stop. SOmetimes I have to disassemble the slide and remount in order to do it. Each time it feels like "driving over railroad tracks" when racking (lol) and especially in the last inch or so.

This causes a FTF sometimes with snap caps. I have not fired it yet.

Is this a break in issue or is there something seriously wrong with the internals?

·
Registered
122 Posts
try this (ifn youre right handed) ...

Rather than pulling the slide back...
try pushing the lower forward

I read somewhere that this was easier for some to rack a slide, especially when holding your elbow next to your hip and then pushing the lower with your right hip

·
Registered
77 Posts
interesting.. I just got mine, first gun. Took it and ran 250 through it...
at times near the end, it felt stiff, like it wouldn't rack...I chalked it up though to maybe not being lubed right?
anyway it ran through 5 boxes fine ...I did my first clean and lube. I'll see next week

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I don't have any physical issues and have been racking slides forever. This slide is weird the way it "rides over" the internals. Especially in the last inch fully retracted.

I'll report back after some range time but Justanotherguys experience is interesting.

FYI, my P99C never, ever acted like this. It was a stiff recoil spring but it never had this issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve never noticed an issue with mine, have several thousand rounds through it now. Don’t have a regular PPQ to compare to but my wife can rack it easy enough. I’d take it in to the store if you bought it local and have their gunsmith look at it if possible. If you bought online may want to call Walther and explain the issue to them and see if they have any ideas. Sounds like something might be binding up inside. It sounds like you have already torn it apart to make sure it’s assembled correctly, but wouldn’t hurt to open it up and see if there are any obvious signs of scraping.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got my PPQ SC now. Haven't shot it yet.

But the slide racks like all my other PPQs. Nothing special, and not very hard to rack.

On the other hand, it seems like the mag-release catches the mag very noticeably when inserting a new mag. If the mag isn't inserted at the right angle (e.g. it's leaning forward), it may catch the mag-release and stop moving in. I have to wiggle the mags in...

·
Registered
6 Posts
The PPQ SC is my daily carry gun. I put 650 rounds through mine this week without a single hiccup! I shot my SC and a PPQ 5" in my qual's and the SC held its own quite nicely. 3K rounds through it so far and not a single issue! I only used S&B and Winchester white box 115 gr. rounds through it so I can't attest to other brands of ammo. I ran the 15 rd. mags so the mag reloads went quite smoothly. I finished off my week shooting up 2 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense rounds that I have been carrying in my mags this past year and they all hit where they were supposed to and not a single FTF or FTE issue at all. Now to add a .40 and .45 to the family.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased a PPQ SC but have not had a chance to shoot it yet, though I did clean it tonight in prep for it's first range visit. But I have a question regarding the mags:

I have 2x 10rd mags with pinky extensions on order. Where can I find JUST a pinky extension for the flush fit mag that came with it?

Any ideas?

Max

P.S., I am also interested in installing night sights so suggestions and opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it only hard to rack with a full mag loaded on a closed slide? Only certain mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it only hard to rack with a full mag loaded on a closed slide? Only certain mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it is only happening on slide reassembly after removal. It is the striker (the silver square hanging under the slide) riding over the sear in the last half inch of reassembly. I am going to call Walther since the striker shows some roughening on the bottom surface. My Full sized PPQ .40 striker is as smooth as a babys butt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts