Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor is that Ruger, is going to be offering a new frame size for
its Double-Action revolvers. Somewhere between the GP-100
and the Redhawk.

2019 does seem to look interesting for Ruger, and other companies,
but I wonder what Walther has planned?

The hoopla over the Improve CCP was just nonsense.

A lot of fan- fare,, but my self and a 6 million others are not
CCP fans.

I hope we can see some new Walthers, and a sub-compact
.45 is at the top of my wish list.

A PPQ SC or a PPS .45 would be ideal.

Reactions: Doogie85

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well with my aging ahds and eyesight, shot my PPQ 9mm and my PPQ 45 side-by side today.

The .45 seemed to have recoil, and my groups were tighter with the 9mm.

Even though the prospect of a Sub-Compact .45 sounds cool.

I think my age is going to determine that 9mm rules over .45 for
my practice and carry needs.

Best wishes for those of you that can still handle .45 ACP and do
eventually get the SC in 45 in 2019 or beyond.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do enjoy the .45 ACP and especially my PPQ 45.
I would be quite interested in either a PPQ SC or PPS .45 if Walther should choose to offer either in the future.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
If they do a total redesign they way the did with the PPQ SC I sure won't buy a Q45 SC but if they design a Q45c along the lines of the P99c I'll be screaming "Take my money!"

How many times Have I written that phrase???

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
.......2019 does seem to look interesting for Ruger........

No doubt.

The "interesting" should start for Ruger in January, when they "formally" acknowledge the slide cracking/excessive wear issues of their Ruger American Pistol. You didn't hear that from me.

I guess all that marketing hype BS, about it being designed to "US Military Trials" specs, was just that, marketing hype BS!!!

If they stand behind their own words, they have PROVEN themselves INCAPABLE of producing reliable semi-auto handguns.

I steered several BMW and M'Benz Forum members from this "Ruger American Pistol" (Ricky Bobby for one). I got to inspect/shoot a few of the early ones, and saw this coming from a mile away.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
There is a podcast available on YouTube made a week or two ago. Brad Voorhees and Cody from Walther participate and take questions from a panel. The podcast was not made by Walther but a guy calling himself "Primary & Secondary".

They give some insights and hints during the podcast.

Watch it and draw your own conclusions.

Some interesting things said or alluded too were:

We are likely to see additional M1 variations of the PPQ in 2019.

They no longer have the tooling to make a P5/P38, ...

They mentioned several times about something being released in January which would be in a niche never done by Walther before. I took that to mean a 10mm which they joked about but that could also mean a 45sc as well.

They outsource the production of their plastic frames.

They see themselves in Germany as having a core competency in machining and barrel making.

They produce parts and do machining/barrels for other manufacturers as part of their business. They did not say who they provide this service to.

They mentioned that as every minute of machining time is allocated, being able to produce a part with less machining time is important to them. They talk about this in the context of "innovations" in the PPX/Creed but I think it explains the PPQsc as well. Some of the PPQsc makes more sense to me now particularly if providing machining services to others is part of their revenue stream.

Once again, they would not say who they do this for but said people would be surprised if they knew.

The moderator spoke of US police forces using the PPQ. Apparently there is more of it going on than I thought. For some reason Walther does not use this in their marketing.

Anyway, it's an interesting podcast. Its longish and starts slowly. Once it gets going, there is some interesting content.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
No doubt.

The "interesting" should start for Ruger in January, when they "formally" acknowledge the slide cracking/excessive wear issues of their Ruger American Pistol. You didn't hear that from me.

I guess all that marketing hype BS, about it being designed to "US Military Trials" specs, was just that, marketing hype BS!!!

If they stand behind their own words, they have PROVEN themselves INCAPABLE of producing reliable semi-auto handguns.

I steered several BMW and M'Benz Forum members from this "Ruger American Pistol" (Ricky Bobby for one). I got to inspect/shoot a few of the early ones, and saw this coming from a mile away.
Designed for is not the same as being able to meet! Lol

Marketing people know better than to let reality get in the way of a good marketing campaign.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't know about a PPQ SC 45. It seems to me that the PPQ SC 9MM has not caught on very well for whatever reason. I am not reading much about it at all on various forums and Buds has no reviews on it yet and GAG has only 1. The HK VP9SK was out well before the PPQ SC and seems to be doing very well and has options for 10,13, and 15 round magazine.

I don't expect it any time soon but hopefully Walther is looking into a version of the PPS with the capacity of the SIG P365 :) . I have to believe that at least a few manufacturers are hard at work on their own version by now.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I find it very hard to believe for a second that Walther would come out with a Classic PPQ in a caliber that's not already available, just to sell a few hundred of them to us whiny guys here. ;)

OTOH, if they release a paddle mag release PPQ in .45, youdamnbetcherass I'll be placing an order. Or a PPQc, regardless of caliber. If it has paddles, I need it.

Walther, keep me from buying a VP9sk, please, thank you, and hail Carl Walther, himself. :)

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I find it very hard to believe for a second that Walther would come out with a Classic PPQ in a caliber that's not already available, just to sell a few hundred of them to us whiny guys here. ;)

OTOH, if they release a paddle mag release PPQ in .45, youdamnbetcherass I'll be placing an order. Or a PPQc, regardless of caliber. If it has paddles, I need it.

Walther, keep me from buying a VP9sk, please, thank you, and hail Carl Walther, himself. :)
They just said additional variants of the M1. They didn't say what that meant. Could be a 5 inch, a Q5, an Sc or leopard print as they did not elaborate.

They did say during the podcast the ratio of M1s fo M2s but I don't remember that factoid. It was wide in favor of the M2 though.

It's good for the paddle fans though that Walther realizes the paddle has a following. If you can take what Vorhees says at face value, they are going to produce some things for that group in 2019. Your guess is as good as mine what that means.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Yeah, I suppose we should be grateful that they even still recognize the (superior!) paddle mag release version.

:D

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
I thought about that but there had to come plus I'm hopeful for a full blooded walther not a half breed lol.
Ha.....not only do I have some half breeds, I've got some Frankenguns too.

How bout a PPQ 45 with a 14 round mag? I probably have the only one on the planet. :D

And a holster for that bad boy.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
They just said additional variants of the M1. They didn't say what that meant. Could be a 5 inch, a Q5, an Sc or leopard print as they did not elaborate.

They did say during the podcast the ratio of M1s fo M2s but I don't remember that factoid. It was wide in favor of the M2 though.

It's good for the paddle fans though that Walther realizes the paddle has a following. If you can take what Vorhees says at face value, they are going to produce some things for that group in 2019. Your guess is as good as mine what that means.
RSR Group is now listing both a Q5 Match and a Q4 Tac on their website in M1 paddle configuration.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts