Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning all you Walther fans.

I have purchased a PPQ SC and am having trouble locating someone who sells a quality SS guide rod to replace the original one.

I have sent emails to the 3 most common makers SS guide rods BT guide rods as well as DPM but no one has responded to me.

Do any of the other users have any suggestions or have replaced theirs and have had a good experience with them ?

Love to hear back from anyone..

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts

I have purchased a PPQ SC and am having trouble locating someone who sells a quality SS guide rod to replace the original one.

I have sent emails to the 3 most common makers SS guide rods BT guide rods as well as DPM but no one has responded to me.

Do any of the other users have any suggestions or have replaced theirs and have had a good experience with them ?

Thanks
A lit

Thanks
a little late in responding, but might have an answer for you. I own the P99C and PPQ SC, not sure if the springs have slightly different tension since slide weights of each gun are different but they are exact same size and fit, can swap without any issue. I emailed DPM Systems a couple months ago about using DPM guide rod for P99C in PPQ SC. Here is what he emailed me with an answer and links: Pay attention to what he says about the difference of the two. Both are better than factory. I will buy the flush one eventually just have not gotten around to it.

I wish to inform you that the recoil systems that fits both pistols are the below models :
Walther P99 Compact AS/QA/DAO Telescopic Recoil System B.O.S.S. – DPM Systems Technologies Ltd More recoil reduction compared to the factory rod. Flush with the slide.
Walther P 99 Compact AS/QA/DAO B.O.S.S. – DPM Systems Technologies Ltd More recoil reduction compared to the above telescopic system, but the spring plug sticks out of the slide whole.

Best Regards
Panagiotis Mantas

·
Registered
6 Posts
And when he says sticks about out of slide hole he means this. That’s a PPS M1 DPM I found online to ask him if that’s what the second one listed would look like, he said yes. 15% better recoil reduction than flush fitting one. Too goofy looking for me but I still want the flush fitting one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You for your help.

I was getting a little worried no one had anything available.

Stay safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah man, no problem. Likewise. I got the DPM for my QSC a few weeks ago. Here is what it looks like. Took it to range and shot 100 or so rds without any issues whatsoever. Target from 10 yds away. DPM does a great job staying on top of things and really appreciates their customers.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts