Walther Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I prefer the Dawson's. If I had Dawson's on every PPQ I own, I'd be fine with that.

The F8s are good sights though. They are highly visible which is good but its almost too much of a good thing. They are designed for quick and dirty close in shooting. If you want to also shoot precisely, they are less than optimal.
The Dawson is, by far, the best fiber-optic sight out there. My wife tried a tactical version of the PPQ before we bought hers, and it had the fiber-optic front sight, which she insisted be installed on hers. I put the Dawson on there, and it was absolutely perfect. I have put aftermarket front sights on other pistols, and the front sights seemed to have a minute amount of yaw when placed into the hole at the front of the slide on two different Glocks I have, but the Dawson locked right in, with no room for movement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My ppq sc has about 2k+ all flawless.My favorite over my pps m2 and p365. I have a vedder light tuck and a txc for aiwb, so no holster issues for me. Trijicon sights, per walther pps m2 sights work on ppq sc. Wish they made it easier for red dot. This company says can they install it. Haven't used them tho.

Wright Armory
250 S Mulberry #102
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480) 550-0965
M-F: 10-6 Sat: 11-4
www.wrightarmory.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've had mine for almost a year now and it has performed flawlessly. I researched heavily before the purchase for a "sub-compact" (;) @ you, Thunderbirdsport302, LOL!) for EDC but I will admit I am biased as I have been a Walther man for decades. However, if it were no good then I would admit that as well. I could not be happier with the pistol in its function, design, and conceal-ability. As far as holsters go, They are harder to come by but they are available. I have two Pac-Mat holsters from Crossbreed for use in my Berne CC coats and the Cloak Mod holster from Alien Gear for the OWB EDC. All of them perform flawlessly and I can recommend them all as a great product. I would definitely buy the PPQ SC again without hesitation. Like drugs, not all guns are good; some are outstanding! The PPQ SC, IMO, is an outstanding weapon worthy of the PPQ namesake.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Forgot I had these pics of holsters. The one in the coat is the Crossbreed Pac Mat and the one on the couch is the Alien Gear Cloak Mod. Retention is non-adjustable on the Pac Mat but that suits me just fine as it won't just fall out; you have to draw it for it to come out. The retention on the Alien Gear IS adjustable and can go from almost sloppy loose to almost requiring a two-handed draw! LOL! Well, maybe not that much but you get my drift. Anyway, sorry I'm late with this but hope it helps. I really like the Alien Gear Holster.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts