Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On general principles, I'd like to extend my 10 rd PPQ SC mag to 12. Does any one know of such a mag extension vender? Taran, etc. seem to only have +5 and so forth. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
I'm not aware of any +2 baseplates for the PPQ SC. However, a while back I modified an aftermarket +2 baseplate for my daughters P99....I don't know why it couldn't be done for an SC as well. I also modified a factory +2 baseplate....it took more work, but looks much better....couldn't find a picture on my PC.

Here's the P99.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not aware of any +2 baseplates for the PPQ SC. However, a while back I modified an aftermarket +2 baseplate for my daughters P99....I don't know why it couldn't be done for an SC as well. I also modified a factory +2 baseplate....it took more work, but looks much better....couldn't find a picture on my PC.

Here's the P99.

What you posted is what I'm looking for. Purchased a Mec Gar Bersa ext. based on a youtuber's success using it with ppq mags, just to get the ball rolling.

Tried it out and the mag actually ran through. Obviously hideous, uncomfortable and unsecured (image attach). Sometime I could try hollowing it out, cutting it down…but that isn't really my gift:)

The +2 ext. wasn't really any larger than the 10rd finger ext mag. It is dumb that Walther doesn't just make one - like HK, Bersa ( I believe).

Thanks for the reply and photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I could probably 3d print a +2 extension that was contoured to the PPQ SC grip. I've printed a pinky extension base plate before and that turned out pretty good, and have +2/+3 basepads for the full size 15rd mags. I'll tinker with it and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great. Called Walther about sights for ppqsc (was told to buy sights for ppsm2) and joked about Walther needing a12 rnd mag for that gun, rep said he heard that a lot. Bet a good number of people would be interested in your results.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I sent a note about a +2 extension to MAGGUTS. While they took it under advisement they said they are concentrating on extending single stacks now.

I'm suprised Walther hasn't decided to jump on the SC 12 round magazine to get them somewhat on par with the Sig P365. While I've only held a P365 and it fits my hand well I've seen comments by people who say their hand is just too big for a P365. A compact 12-round option like the SC may be very interesting to them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So funny story, I did design a +2 extension and while it worked, it ended up being longer than the 15rd mag with the grip sleeve! This is because the way I design my extensions requires solid plastic to extend a ways down the bottom, so that I can thread it for screw holes.

For the flush base plates with the dimple floorplates, I've not come up with another way to mount the extension that will prevent it from sliding forward. Well, aside from cannibalizing the L shaped floorplate from a +2 mag.

I'll mull it over and see if I can figure something else out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent a note about a +2 extension to MAGGUTS. While they took it under advisement they said they are concentrating on extending single stacks now.

I'm suprised Walther hasn't decided to jump on the SC 12 round magazine to get them somewhat on par with the Sig P365. While I've only held a P365 and it fits my hand well I've seen comments by people who say their hand is just too big for a P365. A compact 12-round option like the SC may be very interesting to them.
Yeah, I mentioned it to Mec Gar as well, but... Have a p365 and, while I prefer to carry the ppqsc, there is a lot to love about p365 (and xl) and it's irksome that Sig, HK, Beretta etc offer an in between size and Walther doesn't- or encourage a 3rd party to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So funny story, I did design a +2 extension and while it worked, it ended up being longer than the 15rd mag with the grip sleeve! This is because the way I design my extensions requires solid plastic to extend a ways down the bottom, so that I can thread it for screw holes.

For the flush base plates with the dimple floorplates, I've not come up with another way to mount the extension that will prevent it from sliding forward. Well, aside from cannibalizing the L shaped floorplate from a +2 mag.

I'll mull it over and see if I can figure something else out.

A great effort none the less. Much more than I could have done. Being a cannibal is sometime the result of desperate times:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts