Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a PPQ M2 9mm. Since a few days, when reloading, after emptying a magazine, i have to charge myself (meaning pulling back the mobile part). At first, putting a full magazine was enough to make the pistol recharge by itself.
Does anybody have any experience on this issue?

Thx,

aL

·
Registered
777 Posts
Are you saying that pushing in a loaded magazine is enough to get the slide to strip off a round and you now have a round in the chamber and ready to fire? I'd tell that to Walther. Unless you are slamming in a mag, it shouldn't do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is indeed what happened until a session or two ago. Pushing in a magazine gently did the trick, no slamming needed. As nobody I know has a Walther, I only started to ask questions now the pistol doesn't do that anymore. I fired about 1000rounds, if anyone was wondering.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My Q5 Match does it once in a while, when doing a hard reload and I hope, when it breaks in, it does it all the time, like my M&P Pro does. When shooting IDPA, USPSA or other action pistol sports, it's a definite advantage in saving time.

Most M&P's do this all the time, when broken in.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Ideally, unless you slam the mag in it shouldn't auto feed the first round.
I'm wondering if your slide stop spring is weak or out of spec.

·
Registered
777 Posts
That is indeed what happened until a session or two ago. Pushing in a magazine gently did the trick, no slamming needed. As nobody I know has a Walther, I only started to ask questions now the pistol doesn't do that anymore. I fired about 1000rounds, if anyone was wondering.
I push it in with enough force to click it. I don't bang it in. To make it do that, I'd really have to slam it in. About the same force I use to clap my hands.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
It may be due to your thumb position during reloading.

If your thumb is over and on top of the slide stop, this could explain it. Otherwise, it should take a decent whack of the magazine to get the pistol to auto forward.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If your thumb is over and on top of the slide stop, this could explain it.
In fact, there are those who advocate this as a good technique for reloading quickly. I find it works well for me with my P99 and P99c, neither of which will auto-forward on their own; I imagine the same would be true with a PPQ.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I wish my PPQ M1 would autofeed, all my HKs do....doesn't matter how hard I slam mag into it, I have to use slide release.
My wife's VP9 does NOT autofeed unless you BANG the magazine in. As to autofeeding, I think I would prefer it not autofeed since I'd like to control that process lest it also autofires or does anything else. I would not want it to autofeed since my range prefers that my action remain open until ready to fire. Can't say I blame them after the last few idiots decided that the target was on the bench as witnessed by the dents in the firing bench

·
Registered
26 Posts
In a video on Youtube someone comparing PPQ and VP9, he mentions that both guns have this purposely designed feature - slide will drop if you insert a magazine hard enough. I tried my PPQ and it did happen, when you really almost slam it. My friend's VP9 does the same trick with less force.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts