Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time to the range with the PPQ that I bought on Saturday. I had one other gun with me as well, the Canik TP9 that had not been to the range yet. The Canik might be a good gun, but I did not like how it fit in my hand...just a bit too big. I don't know if it is a licensed clone of the P99 or not, but the trigger just didn't do it for me.

Now the PPQ, that is a horse of a different color entirely (not just because it is black and the Canik is green). Since the PPQ is going to be my primary carry gun I needed to put a few hundred rounds down range and I did just that. Longest string was 115 rounds of 115 gr. FMJ (5 of the TP9 mags loaded with 17 and 2 of the 15 round Walther mags that came with the gun). No failures of any kind with ball or the mixed hollow point ammo that I threw in a freezer bag and shook up and then randomly loaded up and ran.

In summary, I love the PPQ I shoot it better than the Glock 19 it replaces so it isn't just the feel of the gun in my hand, but also the performance.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Join the club! The Q is a great shooter and you can literally trust your life to it. Just feed it, shoot it, clean it, repeat as time and budget allows.

We look forward to seeing some target images.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts