Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got a ppq m2 on trade and the guy before me has aftermarket rear sights on it. The issue is it seems like he pushed it too far to the right and it doesn’t even seem like the plunger is even there because there is a visible gap when you hold light through the side. Also the aftermarket sight doesn’t have a windage screw but for some reason had a set screw on top

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Welcome to the Forums Jake. No worries with your sights we can help.

It does sound like they are after market sights and might be push adjustable. If you post some images of the sights we can be sure. One way or the other we will solve the problem.

On many sights you will also find markings. For instance TruGlo TFX for the PPQ read: WA1 TG-H3 on the rear sight and TG-H3 on the front sight. This could help us identify the sights.

Not all sights are marked so the photos will help us and we will show you the best way to re-center your sights.

As I said before Welcome!

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
That's a Dawson sight. The allen screw is what secures it in place. If you loosen the allen screw a turn or so you should be able to push the sight side to side or out with your thumb.

The spring and plunger are not used with this sight. The seller should have included the original rear sight, spring and plunger with the pistol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completely removed the Allen screw and the sight is still firmly in place. I’ve tried pretty much everything but it seems stuck

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Okay, in that case, you'll need to either use a sight pusher or a hammer and punch/drift and gently tap it out or over.

Have you shot the gun yet to see if the sights need adjusting?

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Which night sights did you order? Do they require the factory spring and plunger and windage screw, or are they a press fit or held in place with a set screw?

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Looking at the first image it looks like the sight was tapped or pushed in from the right. You can see a "push mark" on the sight.

Since it was pushed in from the wrong side (right to left) they might be slightly off center causing a jam.

There also could be a drop or two of Loctite in there holding it. It wouldn't hurt to put a bit of nail polish remover in the Allen screw hole to see if it dissolves anything.

If the sight still won't move and you don't have a pusher you could try tapping it out from the left side with a wooden dowel or brass punch. (Don't beat on the sight...tap).

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
I've mounted many sets of TruGlo TFX Pros on PPQs. I would suggest using a good sight pusher to do the job.

My EDCs all have TFX Pros mounted on them...I won't leave home without them. The Tritium Pro isn't much different.

If you haven't mounted sights like this before I'd suggest reading over this thread:
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/31759-factory-night-sight-installation.html

While it talks about the tritium Walther steel night sights it will guide you through dismounting and mounting the TFX Pros...Post 21 is a bit of a step by step...

I would suggest not filing the rear sights no matter what anyone suggests to you...even though it may seem like they won't fit, they actually do.

If you have questions feel free to PM me. I've mounted plenty of these sights and guided more than a few Forums members on mounting theirs too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts