Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
The metal version is the flavor of the month. It is designed primarily for certain competitive shooting pursuits. The weight of the gun brings some advantages relevant to that niche. As a new gun, and one that's somewhat innovative, it is going to get some press and marketing effort behind it.

There is nothing wrong with the Q5 though. It is still a great gun. They shoot very well.

I would not count on making money on any new, in production handgun. Maybe there a few exceptions to this but mostly, new handguns are made to shoot.

Guns are not like iPhones. They don't become obsolete because a newer version has been released.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Of note....I did fire a a CZ TSO last night. It’s good enough to sell all my children 🙂

Anyway, the trigger is simply AMAZING. But it’s also a different gun from many other options and very much a niche.

I put only 10 rounds through it at 25 yards using a 25 yard rapid fire target.

Hit all 10 bullseyes. 5 in the red with open sights too.

It’s heavy as hell....not sure how I will shoot it one handed especially weak hand. It’s a friends gun. I don’t own one......yet.

I was considering selling my Q5 for an SF after pawing one a few weeks ago.

But frankly, I think I would rather keep my lighter Q5 and instead add a TSO.
I can't say you are wrong Water. If I could still shoot irons worth a darn I'd probably do the same.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Well, the CZ Shadow 1 and Shadow 2 are now available with optics mounting plates just like the Q5.

I think in the USA CZ Customs does it for other models.

Or, go with a frame mount for the optics.

My dream pistol (besides Euro-olympic-space guns in .22 and .32) is a 6 inch barrel Tanfoglio Gold Match Extreme with 9mm and 45acp barrels, slides, and magazines. Have loved the CZ when I've fired it (Shadow 2 and TSO variants) and the Tanfoglio seems to be all that plus a frame that can take 45acp.

Love the PPQ, and for the class of gun it is the trigger is superb. But target shooting triggers are a whole different beast. Maybe one day Walther will let their trigger experts that work on their precision target guns create an adjustable 2-stage trigger for the PPQ SF that could elevate it to the level of the SIG X5 and X6s.
Thanks Slarty! Thanks for the info on the CZ product line. I checked out a TSO at a local gun shop over the weekend and was very impressed.

I agree with you on the triggers. The PPQ trigger, as good as it is, falls short of a true target trigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.