Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Q5 SF that I want to mount my Vortex Razor on. The plate supplied to me by OEM has 4 raised lugs on it and it does not allow for my sight to mount. My Razor does not have the mounting holes on the base. Anybody else run into this issue? Any fix? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you ask....

I would suggest contacting Vortex, the specific mounting for the vortex Razor isn’t mentioned anywhere I’m able to find on pistols aside from there website. As far as we are aware they only use the Doctor mounting footprint on their optics meant for use on pistols.

Thank you,
Customer Service
Walther Arms, Inc.

And this before:

I’m sorry, when we see Vortex we automatically send out the Vortex plate, that doesn’t look like it’s a pistol sight, but a shotgun/rifle sight. It uses a picatinny style mount instead of a standard pistol interface.

Thank you,
Customer Service
Walther Arms, Inc.
<image001.png>
479-242-8500 ext. 507
[email protected]

I can't believe that they do not have a clue about the Vortex Razor fitting their gun.... SMH

·
Registered
204 Posts
Most people using Vortex on a pistol are using either the Venom or Viper. I guess the Razor uses a different footprint. I had to purchase a C-More adapter for my FTP Alpha 4 to mount it to my Q5SF and even then I needed to have the front of the optic cut milled a smidge to account for the length.
I guess your next phone call needs to be to Vortex.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most people using Vortex on a pistol are using either the Venom or Viper. I guess the Razor uses a different footprint. I had to purchase a C-More adapter for my FTP Alpha 4 to mount it to my Q5SF and even then I needed to have the front of the optic cut milled a smidge to account for the length.
I guess your next phone call needs to be to Vortex.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Well, I sent it back because they sent me a 3 moa, and I ordered a 6. As soon as I get my replacement we will see if it fits, and then get a picture.
That Razor RDS was not designed as a handgun RDS. Any reason you picked it over purpose built handgun RDS like the Venom or Viper?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Save your money and put the cash from the Vortex and get an optic that will last at least 20,000 to 50,000 rds. Went thru to many Vortex's before I got tired of the optic problems, Got SRO on one of the Q5SF and a Sig Romeo max3 on the other Q5SF. Both are running strong with no problems between the 2. Quit keeping up with how many rds fired,but I am on my 2nd order of 50,000 rds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts