Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently ordered one and i have some questions.

Any suggestion for optic sights?

Any other accessories for this gun? Im getting the polymer one and was curious about grips potentially.

Flashlight?

Depending how it shoots i may make it my home defense pistol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My opinion. If you're going to use it primarily as a range gun just put a Vortex Venom on it. That's what I put on mine. It's a nice sight, but it isn't shake awake, which for me keeps it out of the running for a carry gun. If I was going to carry it I would probably go for a Delta Point Pro. If you're going to use it strictly for home defense I would just leave the iron sights on it and put a grip activated tac light on the trigger housing. I think that's kind of a waste of the gun's talents though. These things are blisteringly accurate. Especially with a red dot. For night time home defense a red dot is pretty much useless though. As for the grips, there are 3 backstraps that come with the gun. They are all ok, but I like the medium best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice responses so far. If it's as accurate as im told it is it will become my range gun. Im going to pull 1000 rounds through it before I decide. I've never used optics before, always just the sites on the gun. How hard is it to calibrate these. Im going to Google some YouTube videos of how that even works.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice responses so far. If it's as accurate as im told it is it will become my range gun. Im going to pull 1000 rounds through it before I decide. I've never used optics before, always just the sites on the gun. How hard is it to calibrate these. Im going to Google some YouTube videos of how that even works.
I had never ran a red dot before I got the Q. It's definitely cool as heck.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I bought mine about three years ago, installed a lighter trigger spring only and use it for IDPA/USPSA and practice only. It is too big for me for a carry gun.
This year, I installed a Vortex Venom 6moa on it and sighted it for 25 yards. Practiced a lot finding the dot and went to the range, until they shut them all down for the virus, bummer. I wanted to get a Trijicon SRO, but couldn't bring myself (or convince my wife) to spend that much.
You'll really enjoy the gun, but get a bunch of mags (I have eight), because if you get sand in them, you'll need spares.

·
Premium Member
13,808 Posts
At first, I thought you were talking about my x-wife. :D

I still have the DPP, it'll be going on a AR15 pistol.....putting it together now. :D

The DPP has 'shake awake' and I realized that's not all that great for a carry pistol....dam thing was on all the time. Part of that may have been because I kept playing my 'KC and the Sunshine Band' CD. I just figured that battery wouldn't last and would go out at the most inopportune time.

So, I went with the Shield RMS. It's always on (they say the battery will last a couple of years)....we'll see. It also has auto adjust....point that gun at the light and the dot gets brighter....point it away from the light and the dot will drop in intensity....works very quick. For a carry gun, I like the auto brightness adjust. If I was trying to do some bullseye shooting at an indoor range, I'd want to turn the brightness down....but that's not an option. I can live with that, cuz once that thing is sighted in at the range, the whining about the brightness of the dot is a mute point.

Speed Sight. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love my Q5. Shot it in Production with irons and then put on a Venom 6 MOA and had a blast shooting optics last summer and since. The Talon grip tape sets are also a nice addition. I like the aggressive sand paper style. Although the triggers are very nice, the Apex was a noticeable upgrade. Maybe not lighter but a crisper break and quicker/shorter reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts