Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, turns out I have a cracked frame and the gun is junk. Has 2 magazines through it. So I’m selling the complete slide assembly, barrel, optic mounting plates, etc. let me know if you are interested. Have a lot of brand new parts for it that have not even been installed yet as well. (Guide rod, apex trigger, magwell adapter, Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5moa, extended magazine base plates, extra M1 mags, etc.)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Walther wants $425 to replace the frame because I removed the slide release. They said I must not have seated it properly, and they claim that causes the frame to crack when the slide goes forward the very next time. The gunsmith said they see it a lot on the poly guns..... I’ve never cracked or damaged a gun in my life. Maybe I did, maybe it’s just a crappy design (since it’s something that keeps happening to this gun, but whatever. I’m not about to spend $425 on a gun that has this delicate of a design, simply because of removing a slide release lever, so I’m going to spend my money with other manufacturers that I haven’t had this kind of an issue with.

·
Premium Member
13,494 Posts
Oh......so you installed the Apex trigger. Is the frame cracked on the right side around or in close proximity to the slidelock hole in the side of the frame?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never installed the trigger. I put 2 mags through it, took everything apart to clean it, and saw the crack near the slide release when I took it out at the range the second time.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Walther seems dumb to do this. But not sure why you removed them to clean. That doesn’t make sense either.

Good luck with sale!

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Call Walther again.

Does anyone know if Glenn is still in the service department?

If so, you need to talk to him..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
See, on one hand, I would not mind a bargain on that slide and barrel assembly. On the other hand, you've managed to eff with the gun in a manner fit to break it, so I feel like I'm looking at damaged goods... How much do you want for it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See, on one hand, I would not mind a bargain on that slide and barrel assembly. On the other hand, you've managed to eff with the gun in a manner fit to break it, so I feel like I'm looking at damaged goods... How much do you want for it?
The slide with less than 50 rounds through it is $300 shipped. That price is firm, and feeling like it’s damaged is much different than it actually being damaged. If you believe that it’s damaged, you shouldn’t buy it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts