Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would email them, (they do not seem to have a phone number), the length of both models are so different, strange that they have it labeled this way. I got the CompTac, it actually says 5" in the drop down box.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I sometimes run my P99C in my comptec international 5" PPQ. I think you would be able to provided it is open for the barrel to protrude. Kydex is easy to modify. Hack saw or Dremel some heat w/ some sanding and polishing.... will look factory

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, I actually had the same question. I bought a Ghost Hybrid Rig for my P99, though I am looking to get a Q5 Match ultimately so I was surprised to see them listed together that way. I couldn't figure out how that would work until it was delivered. It fits the P99 perfectly (and the PPQ .22LR works as well). The holster is set up to allow for the longer slide of the Q5 or, I presume a 5" PPQ to go beyond where the P99 sits. I'm confident it will work for the Q5 when I get around to getting one.

Because I already had the P99, I figured I wasn't risking too much. Worst case I'd have to get a different holster for the rig and could just use the one I got with the P99.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would email them, (they do not seem to have a phone number), the length of both models are so different, strange that they have it labeled this way. I got the CompTac, it actually says 5" in the drop down box.
I did, they haven't get back to me yet. Heard they are in the process of switching warehouse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I actually had the same question. I bought a Ghost Hybrid Rig for my P99, though I am looking to get a Q5 Match ultimately so I was surprised to see them listed together that way. I couldn't figure out how that would work until it was delivered. It fits the P99 perfectly (and the PPQ .22LR works as well). The holster is set up to allow for the longer slide of the Q5 or, I presume a 5" PPQ to go beyond where the P99 sits. I'm confident it will work for the Q5 when I get around to getting one.

Because I already had the P99, I figured I wasn't risking too much. Worst case I'd have to get a different holster for the rig and could just use the one I got with the P99.
That is good to know. can't wait to get it! Also, I have the polymer version of Q5, SF version charges almost double the price is unbelievable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is good to know. can't wait to get it! Also, I have the polymer version of Q5, SF version charges almost double the price is unbelievable.
I have both and the SF is well worth the price over the poly Q5. I put the Q5 poly in the gun safe , probably will never shoot it again. My wife was shooting a Glock 34 MOS and a XDM OR, she took my Q5SF to the range and now she has a Q5SF also. With her Glock or XDM could only shoot .24 to .29 splits accurately. With the Q5SF she is doing .17 to .20 slits with better accuracy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have both and the SF is well worth the price over the poly Q5. I put the Q5 poly in the gun safe , probably will never shoot it again. My wife was shooting a Glock 34 MOS and a XDM OR, she took my Q5SF to the range and now she has a Q5SF also. With her Glock or XDM could only shoot .24 to .29 splits accurately. With the Q5SF she is doing .17 to .20 slits with better accuracy.
I get the steel frame is much better shooting experience, but still can't justify the $1200+ price tag. I would rather get a Shadow 2 for that price range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.