Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Am thinking of getting the PPQ Q5 conversion kit and my question is have they stopped including the red dot sight plates with the kit that normally come with the gun?

If no, which plates come with the kit. If yes, where do I get the plates? Walther? Thinking of mounting a holosun 507c on it, which plate is that?

Living in CA, getting a (Used) Q5 will probably run about $1200-1500 where as a conversion kit is just under $600 and no FFL needed (mailed straight to my house like the good old days) and I was lucky enough to get a PPQ 4” M1 9mm before the ban.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
I don't think they ever included the mounting plates with the kit.

Here's what the include with the 5" conversion kit:
This conversion kit works with any PPQ 9mm and is ready to install. Includes slide, barrel, recoil assembly, all internal components, LPA rear sight, LPA fiber optic front sight, and a test target showing a 5-shot group at 25 meters.

The plates are available from Walther. You'll just need to call em' and order the plate you need.

I have no idea which plate is used for the Holosun 507c. I'm sure someone on the forum has mounted this optic before, maybe they will stop by and answer that question.

Here's a link that'll save you a few bucks. Walther Arms 2834758 Q5 Match Upper Conversion 5' Black Tenifer Steel

·
Registered
113 Posts
My recent experience purchasing an entire pistol (the Q4 SF) was that I did not receive any adapter plates at all. I had to go to Walther's website and request a plate.

During a phone conversation I asked them, "Does these really not ship with any plates? I can see 3 foam cut outs where they should go" and the rep was quick to put out a line I'd paraphrase as, "Our raw material suppliers increased in price substantially and it would increase the cost of the pistol by about $200 if we added all 3 plates in the box and we didn't want to do that. We're happy to send you a plate of your choice if you request one on our webpage"

The request form was fairly simply. Shipping info and the weapon's serial number is all they ask for. I didn't have my serial number handy so provided a receipt/proof of purchase and they were happy to accommodate me. Only took 2 or 3 days to arrive so I suppose it's not a huge deal.

I am curious what their response would be if I told them I wasn't satisfied with the optic I had on my pistol and wanted an additional mounting plate to try something else. My gut says they might just send it but part of me thinks the bean counters might ask them to charge you.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I don't think they ever included the mounting plates with the kit.

Here's what the include with the 5" conversion kit:
This conversion kit works with any PPQ 9mm and is ready to install. Includes slide, barrel, recoil assembly, all internal components, LPA rear sight, LPA fiber optic front sight, and a test target showing a 5-shot group at 25 meters.

The plates are available from Walther. You'll just need to call em' and order the plate you need.

I have no idea which plate is used for the Holosun 507c. I'm sure someone on the forum has mounted this optic before, maybe they will stop by and answer that question.

Here's a link that'll save you a few bucks. Walther Arms 2834758 Q5 Match Upper Conversion 5' Black Tenifer Steel
I'm pretty sure the Holosun 507c uses the Trijicon RMR plate.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
I ran across this.

IMPORTANT NOTE: OUR HOLOSUN 507c/407c/508T CUT AND TRIJICON RMR CUT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME ALLOWING THE USE EITHER OPTIC (THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE MOUNTING SCREWS FOR EACH OPTIC).

·
Registered
20 Posts
The q5 match kit directly from Walther is for sale for $489.99 right now on shop.waltherarms.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys rock! Thanks for the info and I just placed my order and in time for my birthday too so it was a slightly less bitter pill for the Mrs. to swallow. “Another gun related purchase?”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts