Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few other posts here talking about red dots, but I'm COMPLETELY new to this optics scene. There are a lot of terms I'm unfamiliar with being used because obviously you guys know what you're all talking about. Basically my situation is this: I have a modest budget for a gun my wife thinks I don't need lol. This will be my 5th gun purchase this year and each time I tell her I'm done... I'm buying a Q4 Tac and a red dot. I found the Q4 on gun buyer for $619 so I'm good there. I have a $150 gift card for amazon so I'm thinking about getting the Vortex Viper. My questions is, do I need anything else to mate these pieces? Do the supplied plates work with the Viper?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walther just happened to be having a table day at my LGS yesterday (C2 tactical in scottsdale) so I had a chance to handle and even shoot the Q4 with a red dot for free! granted it was only 5 rounds, but I fell in love. I ordered everything and it will hopefully all be arriving by Friday. Really excited about zeroing in the RD and shooting it. Now I just need an OWB holster for it

·
Registered
270 Posts
A safari land gls 578 normal width long slide will fit it and a ton of other guns as well. Huckleberry Tactical has optic cut as an option for all their holsters and I'm pretty sure Kt mech does as well. All great options

·
Registered
270 Posts
thanks to those who helped with input. Haven't shot it yet, but sure like fondling it

It's a good optic im around 6k rounds on mine and haven't touched the zero and was popping 25 yard plates today like it was nothing you will like the setup, somewhat sadly I'll be removing the viper this week to put on a different gun but will be trying a new optic on my q5!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
250 flawless rounds! I used a 9mm bore laser (chamber loaded) to try to zero in prior to arriving at the range. Much to my surprise it was almost dead on at 15 yards (pictured) and only about 3" high & right at 25 yards. Found myself having trouble keeping the dot centered without shaking too much. Literally everyone in the bay was asking me about the gun combo. Not too surprising as I saw a lot of rental bags in there. Most people were shooting at 5 yards so probably a lot of beginners that were easily impressed. Regardless, I was VERY impressed

Gun Shooting sport Shooting Recreation Games

Belt Hand Grass Finger Buckle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.