Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to get some feedback from this knowledgeable community on what my issue may be that is causing my slide to get stuck when going back into battery. This issue started off slowly and has become more and more frequent lately. What happens is while shooting, every 30-50 rounds or so the slide will cycle back and then will get stuck on its journey back forward part way. So it's uck half way inbetween positions, I can feel when it happens because the trigger feels hard and doesn't reset. I have to tap the back pretty darn hard to get it into battery. Some time it gets really stuck and I have had to use a rubber mallet. Sometimes the issue presents in a slightly different way, the slide will lock all the way back mid magazine and won't care forward with the slide release or a tap, I have to remove the magazine and put a new one in then the slide, then it will function.

I have done my Gun web MD internet searching and my guess at this point is the barrel. I don't see any signs of barrel bulge with my uneducated eye, but there is some fairly significant wear towards the back of the barrel. Please see the attached photos and I would appreciate any advice.I'd estimate I have Around 3000 rounds through it. I installed an Apex flat face trigger with a lighter trigger return spring and it has a legion precision compensator. Those mods have been on the gun for about 75% of the rounds I've put through it and the issues just started recently . Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the specific TRS I have on it from Lanzer's thread
McMaster 302 Stainless Steel Corrosion-Resistant Extension Spring with Loop Ends, 0.75" Long, 0.180" OD, 0.022" Wire Diameter, Packs of 3

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd like a picture of what it looks like when it has hung up on it's way to battery.

I have the same kind of wear on mine, but none of your issues.

Normally, I'd say these kind of problems are ammo related. Swollen cases, not enough calibrated cases, too long OAL or a crimp that is too loose or way too hard. Do you reload or use factory ammo?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Sloth. I use reloads and factory ammo and had issues with both. However I believe I have corrected it. What I did was pull the sear housing block out and cleaned thouroughly, also I sprayed some M Pro7 down into the trigger incase there was gunk there. Then I cleaned all my magazines and the last thing I did which I believe was the main reason it is apparently fixed now is that I swapped out the lighter TRS with the stock TRS. 350 rounds through it without a hiccup using my reloads. I think that lighter TRS just got weak somehow. I can defintely tell the difference in the trigger pull and reset, it has much more resistance now, which I don't like as much. But I do want my gun to run lol, so I guess for now I'll leave it. I got a 3 pack of the lighter TRS from MCMaster, perhaps it just got worn out/loose after about 1500 rounds? So I may try to replace it with one of the other 2 from the pack of 3 that I bought. It is a much nicer feel with the Mcmaster light TRS. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should also mention the reason I decided to swap out the TRS is because as I was thinking back, when it would get stuck on it's way to battery I felt a hard push on the trigger, like it was trying to reset but it was stuck at the trigger not the barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts